Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be touring Germany in late March of 2011 and I am starting to read through past threads that pertain to all things touring, Sat Nav, Intercoms, Routes, kit etc.

I have a newish Dero and the Hondacare Assistance does not run out until Sept 2011. The Honda website talks about UK cover and skirts over the subject of Europe, recommending AA 5 star cover.

Is a current valid Hondacare Assistance any use to me at all while riding in Germany ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Hmmm, tricky one, sounds like there's no cover although I would argue they should take you to the nearest Honda dealer, mine runs out in April so have to look for something else. Although my alternative cover is a credit card and a box of matches, break down? Call taxi to the airport, pull petrol pipe from tank, strike match and leg it to the plane!

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Like you and Jim I don't think there was any European cover with my vara as I'm pretty sure it was just rebadged AA basic cover that you could upgrade if necessary. I had a query with the cover when I got my bike and called them (Honda care) and they were really helpful.

So give them a call would be my advice.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
"be prepared" and all that but youre only doing a couple of thousand miles on a year old varadero, what do you think is going to go wrong?
except for tyres and brake pads, what i try to make sure can last the distance on a tour is my bum and back. rider comfort is important for hours in the saddle at a time. it doesnt enter my head that vera cant manage

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh...I have faith in the bike..

Not sure 'these never usually breakdown' will cut it with the wife on the side of the road in the rain in the black forrest ?

I currently have no breakdown cover at all such is my confidence in the machinery. I simply wanted to know if the HCA might save me some time and money.

:toothy7:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I will be touring Germany in late March of 2011 and I am starting to read through past threads that pertain to all things touring, Sat Nav, Intercoms, Routes, kit etc.

I have a newish Dero and the Hondacare Assistance does not run out until Sept 2011. The Honda website talks about UK cover and skirts over the subject of Europe, recommending AA 5 star cover.

Is a current valid Hondacare Assistance any use to me at all while riding in Germany ?

Thanks
I've just bought a new Varadero and can confirm that Hondacare Assistance, which is provided by the AA, definitely does not cover Europe but is UK only. This is stated in the small booklet that is provided to owners buying new. As you say, it states that for Europe they advise taking out the AA Five Star cover. Whether the latter is worth it is a separate question.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Most insurers offer UK & European breakdown cover as standard

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ABC & Paul-S,

Now I know for sure I can see about adding it to my insurance as I did not include it in my cover with Bennett's.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you take you're cover from Carole Nash you will find european cover is covered as part of your policy.
Not needed it myself up to now, but my brother needed recovery from near Noale when his Aprillia Mille packed up. All it took was a phone call and in less than 30mins a couple of locals turned up with a truck, and off it went back to Hereford.

It's free.

My classics and my vara is covered for peanuts - I won't say as it is really very little.:toothy1:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
im with carole nash too, not the very cheapest quote i could get but with some phone negotiations there was only a few quid in it, but for what you get with them it (free euro cover, free euro breakdown cover) wouldve cost an extra £50 with the next cheapest which was eBike.

with a year old varadero what could possibly go wrong? :)rolleyes:he says) but it pays to be prepared especially if its going to keep the mrs quiet. i suppose that insurance isnt it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts