Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been debating with Thames Water on Twitter today and they have suddenly gone silent - I think I have found a way round the ban.

There is an Exemption for businesses that clean your car (or motorcycle) for you

using a hosepipe to clean a private motor vehicle, walls and windows of domestic premises, or paths, patios and other outdoor surfaces where this is done as a service to customers in the course of a business.
So I suggested I pay my son to clean my bike, or even pay myself as a business service. Suddenly they have gone silent.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
They probably know you don't clean your bike anyway...........

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
They may be contacting HMRC to inform them that your son is operating a business. He can expect a £150 fine for not delclaring that he has a business, and a tax bill for estimated earnings. Nice one, Chris.
:toothy1:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Do you know anyone with a blue badge
they are exempt from the ban.

Wifey is going to be very busy this summer, watering the garden, cleaning the patio and assorted bikes. I have considered hiring her out to the keen gardeners in the village . :mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Hose pipe ban, dont have them in Wales. We have sunshine bans. Havent seen the sun for ages.:joker:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts