Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody fitted a hot cam or a 250r cam in a 250L dual sport bike.
I am told the jap import 250L has a softer cam in for emissions. I have contacted hot cams but they don't list the L version only the R. and not sure what year 250r cam will fit in my 2004 L.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
942 Posts
your 250l has the same cam as the 250r from '96 on , so nothing to be gained from a swap for a stock 250r cam but a hot cam or web cam made for a 250r should work ,
have you still got the 250l exhaust fitted ?i believe they have smaller bore headers than the r model so could be a bit to be gained there ,
a 280 big bore gives a useful little boost in torque ,
never tried a different cam on my xr280 but did run it with a fcr35 pumper carb which made a big difference to all round performance , but your starter motor would be in the way so you couldnt go that route

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curantly running the standard headers with fmf end can and standard 88 cv carb up jetted for a open air box.
I have just ordered a 280 piston kit and have a 250 r header on its way from eBay which the seller confirmed was larger diameter than my standard L.
Going to have to stick with my cv carb as can't find a pumper to fit with the starter motor.
Did you get much difference once your big bore was fitted.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Did you get much difference once your big bore was fitted.
yea its a useful boost to low/mid range torque , it wont turn your bike into a rocket or even noticeably quicker but will make it that bit more flexible and better at climbing hills,that sort of improvement ,combined with your other mods you should notice quite an improvement over the stock bike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts