Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any hotel chains in Germany like Travelloge in the UK or Formule 1 in France ? Looking for something south of the A44 in Germany between Soest and Paderborn for a one night stop before riding the dambuster dams on the way to Harz

Iain

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
I'm not south of the 44 but depending on when your coming your welcome here
Ride to the dams is about an hour from my place, Mohnesee first.
As for hotel chains there are a few but you'd be better off with a "pension" bed and breakfast and there are loads to choose from especially around the Dams.
Riding from the UK you may be better off overnighting near the Ennepe Dam, then heading for the Eder fresh via the Bever, that route I've not done yet but it passes through some fantastic areas.
From there head on to the Harz and on your return go to the Mohne and Sorpe.
Let me know either way I'll try and meet up if you wish

Unbekannte Straße nach L544/Langscheider Str. - Google Maps

in google maps zoom into the rough area and type hotel into the search or select Google.de and try with "Pension"

·
Registered
172 Posts
As for hotel chains there are a few but you'd be better off with a "pension" bed and breakfast and there are loads to choose from especially around the Dams.
/QUOTE]

I agree with Snaphappy.
I was in the area last year, but wet conditions around the Harz region spoilt it a bit.
We had no problems with accomodation just found the right place and spent the night, then moved on.
Looking forward to the report.

RoP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts