Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Not as tatty XR owner
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys

I went riding on sunday, only for an hour or so, and this was after I had been out for a similar amount only a couple of weeks earlier. Before I went out a couple of weeks ago, I checked my oil level and it was great, so didn't think to check it this week. (I've had the bike 3.5 years so I have an idea on oil consumption)

I stopped for a tea at Loomies (local bike cafe) but when I went to leave, the kick start was solid, and when it did move, it was very notchy. After a fashion I pushed it up the hill a bit and a bloke (not in bike gear) gave me a bump, but the wheel just locked solid so had to leave it there and pick it up the next day. When I did, it had freed off and I was able to start it.

However, after warming the engine etc, I checked the oil....sweet fa, which is weird, so chucked some in there.

So have I knackered it? It ran up and sounded like it always has done, and seemed ok when I revved it up. What is the worst case scenario?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine did the exact same thing in Spain. The skirt of the piston had sheared and subsequently required a new barrel and piston. To be safe I am doing a complete engine rebuild.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts