Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I close my account? Have found the site to be great by the way and many thanks for all the advice from people :)
(but my XRV sold now and I won't be getting another anytime soon so .....)
:(

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Just leave it as it is. You may want to come back some day. As you say you got a lot of help from other people's posts and others may get help from yours so for that reason we don't delete posts. If you really must we can deactivate your account but even if we do your posts will stay.

·
Stone Crazy
5,301 Posts
I had someone wanting to do this on another forum the other day, i said sorry but no can do, it will leave some threads making no sense at all, he saw my reasoning and said ok, then decided just to leave his accounts as is, 3 weeks later he was back posting,

Sent from my San Francisco II using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
338 Posts
How do I close my account? Have found the site to be great by the way and many thanks for all the advice from people :)
(but my XRV sold now and I won't be getting another anytime soon so .....)
:(
Sorry to hear the AT hasn't survived, what's happening about your travel plans ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear the AT hasn't survived, what's happening about your travel plans ?
Hi Mack1, we loved it but with the best will in the world, the saddle/seating area wasn't going to be big enough for 2 of us when I'm 6' 4" with a 34.5" inside leg - just didn't work on some trips we did here and as we're going to be travelling the Americas for a year .........................

Good news is - we sold it yesterday to a lovely couple (shorter than we are!) from Suffolk who are going to take it on a big RTW trip so smiles all round.
We're going to take the GSA.
We, and the bike, fly out to Buenos Aires later this year - wish us luck :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just leave it as it is. You may want to come back some day. As you say you got a lot of help from other people's posts and others may get help from yours so for that reason we don't delete posts. If you really must we can deactivate your account but even if we do your posts will stay.
Thanks Boris. No prob if the threads stay - see what you mean, may be useful to others and confusing if moved.
Yes please can you deactivate our account. Gonna be travelling and trying to reduce the number of website, usernames, passwords and rationalise our 'digital' lives prior to leaving. Gonna be gone for a year.
Take care all - have safe trips wherever your AT's take you :)
Jim & Jenny

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi Mack1, we loved it but with the best will in the world, the saddle/seating area wasn't going to be big enough for 2 of us when I'm 6' 4" with a 34.5" inside leg - just didn't work on some trips we did here and as we're going to be travelling the Americas for a year .........................

Good news is - we sold it yesterday to a lovely couple (shorter than we are!) from Suffolk who are going to take it on a big RTW trip so smiles all round.
We're going to take the GSA.
We, and the bike, fly out to Buenos Aires later this year - wish us luck :)
Sounds a sensible option, it's a long way & not be comfortable
Good luck & hope to meet up again sometime when you get home

·
Administrator
2,955 Posts
Thanks Boris. No prob if the threads stay - see what you mean, may be useful to others and confusing if moved.
Yes please can you deactivate our account. Gonna be travelling and trying to reduce the number of website, usernames, passwords and rationalise our 'digital' lives prior to leaving. Gonna be gone for a year.
Take care all - have safe trips wherever your AT's take you :)
Jim & Jenny
Making the adjustments now.

Regards,

AS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts