Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone give advice on how I program a new key for a 650? I have a key that works, I can buy a blank key, get it cut (so it works the lock). then....??? what do i do next?

do i get this?

how do i use it?

is it easy?

etc

i watched this, i assume the procedure is the same for the TA 650?

·
Administrator
1,775 Posts
There are ways to do it, I'm sure (some involving a home-made wiring harness) ...... but have you visited a "real" locksmiths? The one I tend to use told me that they could supply cut AND PROGRAMME keys for my 650 Transalp ( I think by a cloning process from the original key). I've not needed to take his offer up, and it was a couple of years ago, but the price was, I think, about £50 ..... probably cheaper than going down the official Honda Dealership route.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I brought a blank Honda HISS key £25? got it cut at a local locksmith £3, then got it programmed at my local Honda dealer £50?
I think there is something here but also Varadero, Deauville sites
quite a few links if you google DIY Honda HISS
including DIY: Honda HISS Key Programming - Team-BHP

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I did as dod did above (thats a mouthfull!), having read about the various other methods, I felt this was the safer option.
At first I tried, an ex Honda dealer who tried coding several times but failed so I had to travel a bit further to a main dealer.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts