Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Ridden for years
2,805 Posts
First of all, don't forget marketing guys run the world. Magazines need you to keep buying new things or else the world will end.
The Multistrada is being hyped as a sports model with dual capability; as if the GS isn't fast enough already.
I can't knock the Multistrada unless I try it, but it's all about choice.
I still think the airhead GS one of the greatest bikes of all time. Great torque, great comfort, go anywhere, but we're all different and bikers are terrible at changing their bikes all the time. Should have kept my GS, but Transalp still excellent; it will go if I can't sort out the screen though

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
It's the fastest and, à la Top Gear, that is all that matters to MCN....

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Hang on a sec!!

No offense to the @ fraternity, but since when does an @ put out 95bhp?!

Factually defficient, and now numerically dyslexic: way to print, MCN!!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Anyone could have voted - people who had never ridden any of them.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I suspect if you count the number of column inches of adverts by manufacturer you will also get the same top 10.

MCN are to objective journalism what the Daily Mail are to reasoned well though out balanced editorials.

I rest my case.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Ducati Multistrada 1100 is the best Adventure bike beeting the Africa Twin and all of the Beemers?

surely they've go this wrong

Top ten adventure bikes - | Motorcycle News | New Motorbikes | Buyers Guides | MCN

It's cobblers, and to be honest it's just MCN and Ducati cashing in on the "Adventure Bike" moniker.

Nobody wants to be Carl Fogarty any more and sports bikes are possibly passe, so delving into the parts bin and getting your welders to come up with a jacked up frame you can bolt road wheels to gives the marketing departments another angle on selling a different dish that uses the same ingredients! I've lost count of the amount of wannabee bikers that have mentioned Ewan and Charlie to me when they've stopped for a chat to look over my AT.

Looking at that list of 10 bikes, I'd say there's 2 bikes I definitely wouldn't want to take up a rutted track, and possibly another 2 I'd drop in favour of the remaining six.

MCN just sucking up to Ducati, and voters who wouldn't know an Adventure Bike from an R1 if it left mud all over their driveway!!

[email protected]

:thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
It's cobblers....

..... I've lost count of the amount of wannabee bikers that have mentioned Ewan and Charlie to me when they've stopped for a chat to look over my AT......

.....MCN just sucking up to Ducati, and voters who wouldn't know an Adventure Bike from an R1 if it left mud all over their driveway!!

[email protected]
Luckily you don't let it wind you up.:D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
The whole thing is rubbish.

Have a look at a couple of reviews.

1st position The Ducati. 3 out of 5 stars for all but value (4) and an overall 4 stars

6th Position The BMW GS Adventure 4 out of 5 stars for everything and 5 stars overall.

Its down to advertising revenue and nothing else I tell you.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Looking at that top ten I would agree with the positions of the bikes except for first.
If that was moved to tenth and the rest stayed as they are then it would be about right.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
looked at the old
"muti mess daft lights belts and loads a stuff sicking oot the front to get bashed"
thingie a few years a go no likey

but the neuvo 1200... lush :toothy1:

ponces bike ( may regret that comment if I ever win the lotto and buy one :D )

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Oh come on chaps. You don't seriously think advertisers would put any pressure on editorial do you?

Journalists are resilient, fiercely independent and principled people.:D

Well some of us are.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
to quote harry hill.
"there's only one way to find out which is the best fiiiiight":D:D:D

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Well, agree with Raymo, the new 1200 Multistrada, very lush!
Big win (unlike this week, another tenner!) and yes, I might have one!
Glad to see the @T made it, quite right too, but where's the Super 10? And older Transalps?
The order doesn't seem to look right though, also,,,,, WHERE'S MY VARADERO????? And my 955i Tiger? I went up the Stella Alpina twice with my Tiger, great adventure bike.
Each to their own I suppose. :rolleyes:

L

·
0 Posts
Well, agree with Raymo, the new 1200 Multistrada, very lush!
Big win (unlike this week, another tenner!) and yes, I might have one!
Glad to see the @T made it, quite right too, but where's the Super 10? And older Transalps?
The order doesn't seem to look right though, also,,,,, WHERE'S MY VARADERO????? And my 955i Tiger? I went up the Stella Alpina twice with my Tiger, great adventure bike.
Each to their own I suppose. :rolleyes:
The new super 10 wasn;t released in time for the vote..It also seems that the staff are extremely biassed towards the Ducatis.. just look at the recent review where the reviewer had mad up his mind before he even rode the bikes..

Never ever trust reviews, in the end get on the bikes and ride them for yourself and save your money on the magazines!!!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Ok - hold on a minute..its MCN!!!

Ducati at top...no suprise there but look at the other top 4! AT, KTM9, Alp!

Hidden in the marketing, not really that hidden, is the truth...those that regard MCN as a motorcycle magazine also regard our bikes as 'round the world' and not the BM marketing fraternity of Charlie and Ewan. Thats gotta mean something other than these buyers dont buy MCN!?

Now if we actually asked 'adventure' bikers the same question it would be different...but how do you find them....they herd together dont they?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts