Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its my 1978 Honda 400/4 F2 which I now have the tank / side cover decals to stick on. Then an MOT and we are away. Always a head turner at petrol stations and traffic lights etc. Note the kick start....Ohh the suns coming out now, its stopped snowing Horay!!!:toothy8:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Its my 1978 Honda 400/4 F2 which I now have the tank / side cover decals to stick on. Then an MOT and we are away. Always a head turner at petrol stations and traffic lights etc. Note the kick start....Ohh the suns coming out now, its stopped snowing Horay!!!:toothy8:

Thats had some money spent restoring it, looks absolutly fabulous now keep it that clean and shiney

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All my own work. Total spent to date £520 and thats with a new exh system. Got the decals now and needs a 1970s seat and a new battery. Have sourced the side reflectors they will go on when it warms up. Frame and engine no's match too. When will the spring get here? Strangely always starts first time too no choke needed at all. Rebuilding taught me to balance four carbs with my Morgan carb balancer. Soo easy. Dave.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Looks really cool, Dave :cool:. Will certainly turn heads :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:. Hope you get to ride her soon...

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
That is a nice bike, I always liked the 400/4.
If the guy at work gets his out of mothballs I will get a photo of it, it is a T reg and in showroom condition.

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Hmmmm lovely.

I should get dads old 500 four out of the shed again some time, it hasn't seen daylight for years. :oops:

I'd hate it as a daily driver, it's far too small, gutless, completely shagged, etc. But there's something about those old honda fours once you get them howling past 6000 revs on a back road... And then downshift. :mrgreen:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like that a lot. Be a good project. David Silvers will be pleased! DD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts