Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife had a free assessment the other day to determine training needs for her bike test. All round she as asessed as very competent but a few issues to iron out - lifesavers, "swan necking" on left handers and general obsevation. So that would be a couple of lessons plus the tests. How much? £600. HOW MUCH!!!!

Am I out of touch coz that seems extortionate for 2 days although it did include loan of a CB500.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had a few 3hr lessons a couple of years ago which included bike hire (Suzuki 500). They cost £90 each so would equate to about £360 for 2 days.
Ian.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Sounds like a couple of days is excessive. It tends to be about £400 to get you through both tests if you're competent nowadays, shop around :)

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is going to have another talk to the guy - its Raceways Motorcycles in Fleetwood. There's a place in Blackburn offering 5 full days for inexperienced riders that goes from CBT to DAS for £499. As she has been on the 125 for nearly 2 years, and as you will have seen from the way she rode up Hardknott etc and across to Piel Island confidence and basic bike handling isn't a problem. She just needs to get used to a 500 over her 125, guidance on the off road test and on roadcraft for the road test.

And, having looked on Youtube at the off road test I don't really see the need for that much training on that either once you have got used to handling a bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts