Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry about the title just noticed it
Well the bike is complete apart from one little piece on the rear just above the rear light. as seen below

The panels have a large gap right above the rear light in the centre and I need to fill it with something, i keep looking but i cant decide, i have tried a few things and they look either crap or not good enough.

The best idea I had was a Union Jack but to be honest the fit was not perfect and the fixing was only into the panels and longterm it was suspect, if i could find a larger one ( about 100mm then I would back in business )

I need some inspiration as to what to fit in the space: Possibly a flashing LED light switched to the bar, cant find one as yet ( as standard on all Rallye bikes )

Sensible ideas welcome

Chris

·
BLUE 1999 xrv750x
727 Posts
Sorry about the title just noticed it
Well the bike is complete apart from one little piece on the rear just above the rear light. as seen below

The panels have a large gap right above the rear light in the centre and I need to fill it with something, i keep looking but i cant decide, i have tried a few things and they look either crap or not good enough.

The best idea I had was a Union Jack but to be honest the fit was not perfect and the fixing was only into the panels and longterm it was suspect, if i could find a larger one ( about 100mm then I would back in business )

I need some inspiration as to what to fit in the space: Possibly a flashing LED light switched to the bar, cant find one as yet ( as standard on all Rallye bikes )

Sensible ideas welcome

Chris

what about fibreglass and some paint? -this would be easy and quick to do - and look correct. there is something about the uniton jack that doesnt look quite "right" -

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
a little black box with an arial sticking out the top like the gps/transponder thingys on the dakar bikes :compress:

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts