Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the thing... Me and an old freind want to takes the bikes to austria for a week i july. We have 9 days to get to austria drive around the alps and back home to Gothenburg in Sweden. And we don´t want to go thrue Germany on the motorways. Drove to insbruck by car last year. 1500 kms of boring concrete roads.

Thing is... I heard a while ago that there is a train for vehicles thrue most of Germany. would be nice to go by train for 500-1000kms or so?

Is there a train? And if so where?

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
The train in big bucks and doesnt get you all the way.

I have ridden down and back to Landeck in Austria last uear and the year before - going again this year. Check out Hotel Enzian - Landeck Tyrol - Bikers Hotel - great place great deal overall.

Route Calais to Strasbourg one day on D roads mostly NO Peage. then across to Landeck by a route through Black Forest and on top of Lake Cnstance - dont go below - rubbish route. Again all small roads BUT this year I will do the Motorway for he last 70 miles - boring but saves a long over al route going in.

A week riding the best roads for lessthat £400 hotel and half board - 4 course even meal etc. Cant fault it.

Riding down with Formula1 Lode stays is cheaper then the Train even inc tyre wear. and France is great for bikes.

Have fun

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ooups!
That train ticket isn´t cheap! 375 euro hamburg-munich-hamburg.

As you wrote angelo its probably better drive all the way.

Thank you for the Landek info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts