Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be taking part in an off road (not extreme!) nav challenge wing-ding in a few weeks and gps not allowed. I could just follow my mate juan like i did last time or i could help with the nav. I found an old thread on here about home made roadbooks but wondered if the diy technology has moved on and any new ideas on how to make one and mount it. Also any tips on how to use one effectively? I have never used one but i'm ok with map reading. Thanks.

Mark

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks paul, you have given me an idea on how i can make one. on your link jasonbc made one from a sandwich box. goes to show it doesnt have to be complicated to work. i will start looking tomorrow for materials. i like the remote scroller using a rubber pipe by the way. i will TRY and do something similar. nice write-up on the trip to aguero. if you find yourself further south, give me a shout.
cheers,

mark

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Thanks Mark

The holder I bought came to £27 and the bits to modify 2 of these holders came to £2.49 from B&Q

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
If you want the functionality then have a look at these. Not a brilliant picture but much easier to use when it comes to loading information.

Route Holder

The paperwork slips in to a polythene sleve instead of faffing with taping a roll of paper to the rollers of a Touratech posers roadbook holder (as I also have:))
Another source of cheap good quality bits for a holder is an electrical supplier. The waterproof plastic boxes come in various sizes and look ideal for adapting.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Cost me a few quid to make a small rectangular sandwich box thing, drilled 4 holes in the bottom to cable tie it to the handlebar cross bar, then 2 peices of electrical conduit drilled through the container. Tape each page of the roadbook together then tape it to the bottom roller and wind it all the way back then tape the leading edge of the first page to the top peice of conduit easy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts