Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mad Dave from sunny Manchester here. After riding a V-Strom and 1150GS then onto an 1100 dragstar for a couple of years I was seduced today by a nice shiny black 09 plate Varadero at Hunts motorcycles. Well after some wheeling and dealing and a lowering kit thrown in I took the plunge and will be picking this up next Wednesday :D

I came across the forum while researching feedback on the bike and XRV seems to be the font of knowledge... So I hope to see some of ya on a rally or rideout in the near future

Cheers

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hi mate welcome aboard, hope you enjoy us and don't be afraid to affend us not that ithink you could. Oh and don't take it personally if we affend you:thumbright::thumbright:

The bike looks very nice and shiny and glad to see your 1st post included a photo. Many don't

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi Maddave,

Welcome to the forum, As a strom owner I'd be interested to see what you think of the Vara after owning a Strom (I love my Strom, but have had it a couple of years now, pehaps it's time for a change?)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Maddave,

Welcome to the forum, As a strom owner I'd be interested to see what you think of the Vara after owning a Strom (I love my Strom, but have had it a couple of years now, pehaps it's time for a change?)
No worries mate.... I had the Strom fer a few years and toured all over europe on it... I'll up some pics at some point. Looking forward to the Vara, I'll let ya know my thoughts.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
That is a nice looking varadero you have bought.

·
Ooh Aah Cantona!
177 Posts
Welcome also from sunny (actually quite cloudy for a change today) Manchester. Hope you drove a hard bargain at Hunts and enjoy your new stead.
:thumbright:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries mate.... I had the Strom fer a few years and toured all over europe on it... I'll up some pics at some point. Looking forward to the Vara, I'll let ya know my thoughts.
For Axe.....

Strommie was good on hard packed dirt

And on forest tracks with wierd and unusual creatures in the background :D

Manchester to Portugal in 3 days from Calais not Santander... No big deal

The Strommie performed well in baking heat and high altitude. Metzeler Tourance tyres were the puppies peas and it bimbled along for 3000 miles without a hiccup. Varadero comparison to follow :D

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Great looking Vaara u got for yourself mate. I have had mine for almost a year now and done about 6K miles on it. Not a bad thing to say on it. It jjust invites you to ride ... ride and ride a bit more....wish I had more time for open roads rather than commuting tho:-(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great looking Vaara u got for yourself mate. I have had mine for almost a year now and done about 6K miles on it. Not a bad thing to say on it. It jjust invites you to ride ... ride and ride a bit more....wish I had more time for open roads rather than commuting tho:-(
Sounds like i've made the right choice.... Even the missus likes the pillion position, Result !!:p

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
taken a few piilllions on mine and they were all very pleased with the confort on the vara:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts