Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off to look at a 650 TA on Friday and got to thinking about any outstanding finance that may be on the bike. Can anyone recommend a check that I can carry out on the day, over the 'phone preferably.

I see HPI offer one over the 'phone, is it immediate? Are there any others that offer the same sort of thing?

Ta.

Simon.

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
I wouldn't jump straight on and assume you need an HPI CHECK. How old is it? Once it's out of dealer finance periods from new it's far less likely to have a finance package on it. How long has the current owner had it - the longer the better as finance will be paid after probably two years and almost defintely after three. Are there original receipts - these should show if there was finance. Do you believe the story about the history of the bike. Use your judgement otherwise HPI Will only confirm what you already knew. Although it is a comfort.

Good luck with the purchase you are getting a great bike.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean about age, it's an 02 plate so it should be well out of any dealer finance. It's just a lot of money to lose for the sake of twenty quid if it all goes titsup isn't it! I guess it's a comfort thing.

Current owner has only had it since last year. It's hard to know what to do. mymotorcyclecheck.com will do a basic check for only £4, I might do that instead of the full blown HPI check.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
£20 isn't much true but it is still valid to consider the whole picture, ie if it looks or feels dodgy it probably is and getting HPI won't change that even if it comes back clean.

HPI is just as likely to throw up other things hidden in the history, ie imported, stolen/recovered, write off, change of colour, re-registration, or whatever. These may or may not be reasons not to continue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts