Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Unsteady Eddi
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys... im close to tears here.. i went down the bike shop and asked for HT leads to replace the ones on my TA 600.. nice and simple.. they gave me the bits and leads which I cut to length my self.... my Lovely helpfull brother took the old ones off... broke 2 of the leads, but it doesn't matter as i.m replacing them

when it came to fitting the new ones they weren't anything like the same
i felt my heart sink and i knew this wasn't going to be good... :sad1:

so went back down the bike shop and asked them to give me a refund and try and sort this mess out... they best they could do was £179 for 4 new ones from honda... I was fuming at this point.. if they had of just check in the first place properly instead of being dicks and just dumping the bits in front of me and giving me that look of "what a ****ing newb!!!!!!!!" I would have just left them on until the month after when i could afford to replace them.... :angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5::angry5:

I know a few of you have/had 600TA's how did you deal with this when servicing.. I tried David Silver and he lowered the price to £160 which makes me feel a little better.... But thats still a ****ing huge amount for HT leads.. even if 2 of them come fitted with coils... :cussing:
(yes i know its partly my fault for not checking they were the same before taking them off.. i have checked all other times when doing cars and such..)

help please.. there are almost real tears working there way out. £160 will cripple me at the moment along with the fact that my GF's daughter has run up a £98 bill on my mobile...:sad2:
( there is no need to point out that diamonds don't conduct elecy)

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
breakers yards,lots on ebay breaking 600's

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Looking at the fiche for early Transalps it appears that just buying lengths of HT lead for a few quid should be okay. Can you be more specific about what's broken? The leads are screwed into the coils and plug caps aren't they, not moulded in?

·
Hill Rider
3,112 Posts
Yen,
What your looking at is a later version of the TA ignition (not sure which year / model), with a single coil per cyclinder. Early ones have twin coils per cyclinder and the HT lead is sealed into the coil. Same set up as the original RD07 @'s.

My ramblings dont help Skyrise any, but I just thought I'd mention it.

TTFN,

Steve T

:cool:

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Yen,
What your looking at is a later version of the TA ignition (not sure which year / model), with a single coil per cyclinder. Early ones have twin coils per cyclinder and the HT lead is sealed into the coil. Same set up as the original RD07 @'s.

My ramblings dont help Skyrise any, but I just thought I'd mention it.

TTFN,

Steve T

:cool:

Aha, I sees now. Depending on where they are broken, you can get joiners so new leads can be attached to sealed coils for a few quid each.

G

·
If the leads aren't sealed to the coils then it's simply a matter of getting a set of leads the right diameter by measuring your old ones. If they are sealed to the coil then you have three choices.

1. Buy a complete new Honda set
  2. Buy replacement pattern coils that have replacable leads so you can change them in the future (try M&P or electrexworld.co.uk)
  3. Cut the old leads off short and use a joiner (not a great idea but it works)

Kymmy

·
Unsteady Eddi
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:) thanks... sadly mine are the 1 coil per lead... the expensive option... at the moment David Silver Honda bits cost less than the patten quotes i have had..
no luck on M&P or electrexworld.co.uk... they can help with other bits but not the plug leads...
I don't think bodging it before the longest day will be a good idea... As this was the reason i was going to servicing it anyway

looks like im going to have to "take it in the tail pipe" on this one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts