Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably not the correct forum for this, but never the less.

I've been talked by friends in to doing local enduro's on the xr. Haven't really done any in the last couple of years. The Saab used to get bogged down in wet mud, grass, any thing slightly damp as it had too much power hence it wasn't very good a towing a trailer. So me and the wife have just bought this thing. Shouldn't get stuck anywhere and will help save the driving licence when on the by-pass/ motorways.

The saab is now in the for sale section

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Very nice! :thumbright:

Been thinking along similar lines for when the MPV goes.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts

I got mine stuck :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

If you dont you aint tryin hard enough :nike::nike::nike:

Great piece of kit enjoy :thumbright:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts

I got mine stuck :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

If you dont you aint tryin hard enough :nike::nike::nike:

Great piece of kit enjoy :thumbright:
Thats one hell of a puddle your in there Frad :confused:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts

Its a long story DC but one hell of a place to get stuck .............. :withstupid:

If you look really hard you can see the farmer coming to drag me out with his tractor :oops:

He was not happy but seemed to cheer up when I handed some GBPs :rolleyes:

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
i got a ford ranger wildtrack 3 yrs ago and have covered 48,000 miles so far, brilliant for towing the ktm, i put a hardtop on the back to carry all my bits and pieces ( and to carry the dog rather than have him slobbering all over the interior) the only downside is fuel consumption is fugging horrendous and parking can be a pain in the arse trying to find a big enough space. the upside is road presence, never been done for speeding, comfortable and can carry loads of crap. its been completely reliable the servicing being carried out by neighbour (nissan/vauxhall mechanic), still on original rear tyres and original brake pads all round. the only problem i've had is the front fog lights fell apart and the supplying dealer being completely crap (Birchwood ford in Hastings/Eastbourne). insurance is good as well.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
i got a ford ranger wildtrack 3 yrs ago and have covered 48,000 miles so far, brilliant for towing the ktm, i put a hardtop on the back to carry all my bits and pieces ( and to carry the dog rather than have him slobbering all over the interior) the only downside is fuel consumption is fugging horrendous and parking can be a pain in the arse trying to find a big enough space. the upside is road presence, never been done for speeding, comfortable and can carry loads of crap. its been completely reliable the servicing being carried out by neighbour (nissan/vauxhall mechanic), still on original rear tyres and original brake pads all round. the only problem i've had is the front fog lights fell apart and the supplying dealer being completely crap (Birchwood ford in Hastings/Eastbourne). insurance is good as well.

I know what you mean on MPG I get on average 25mpg everything else is great :thumbright:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I used to have an L200 the first thing I did was to wind the steering stops in, no lock to not bad in 60 seconds.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice bit of kit Jason, you will be able to pull your XR up here for a summer Strata Florida:D
Hi Phil, Whats the stata florida?

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Quote "shouldn't get stuck" - unquote.

OOPS you may just regret that remark !!!!:D:D

Having owned and run 5 LR defenders , one thing I know for certain is ...... you will get stuck eventually.

TYRES TYRES TYRES - 4x4 counts for booger all if you can't find traction.

Most folk with posey 4x4s run a dueller type tyre - big and fat and look great in the driveway, run well on the road , but totally useless on wet grass and Mud.

Mud Tyres are probably best for UK offroad conditions , but horrendously noisey on the road and look skinny on the wheel.

Yoda voice on - " Choose wisely your tyre Young Skywalker - or stuck you will become " Yoda voice off.:D

Nice car though - tough as old boots:thumbleft::thumbleft:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts