Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to find a hugger for an 09 vara a few weeks back. The only company saying they had one was skid marx. But when i got it i couldnt get it fitted not no way not no how just slighty out all round and couldnt stop it rubbing the wheel. Skidmarx advice was well mate sometimes they need a bit of bodging. Well i dont know about you but if i am paying out 90quid for something i rxpect it to fit with no bodging, so i phoned NWS only to find they had been taken over by Pyramid :(Phoned Pyramid and they said we have an NWS, fetch your bike through and we will see if it fits. took the bike through and Pyramid said kakapoopoo we cant have that not good enough for us. so we talked and i have left Valerie Varadero with Pyramid while they make a new mould (about 4 weeks). I will get a nice free hugger for my troubles and (touch wood) a vastly reduced flip screen. They are really friendly professional bunch and i was happy to leave my pride and joy in their care. so give it six weeks chaps and pyramid will be able to sort you a 2009 hugger care of moi:thumbup:plus it gives skidmarx a bit of healthy competition

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Where abouts is Pyramid?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Fitted the Skidmarx hugger yesterday had no trouble what so ever !
ya did put it on round the right way did'nt ya:laughing6:

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I have a skidmarx on my 08 Dero and it fitted really well, had to take the back wheel off, but no real problems.

Before fitting the Skidmarx I had 3 attempts at fitting (3 different) Pyramid, none of which fitted without filing holes, bending and springing the hugger - which I wasn't happy about, so I took them back and got a refund.

Rich

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Horses for courses me thinks. With the skidmarx hugger all the bolt holes were slightly out of line on my 09 Valerie i could get them to line up but i couldnt get the damn thing not to rub on the wheel at some point. In talking to the guys at pyramid and skid marx It would seem when they make a hugger there may be slight differences in how they are layered up. Also the hugger can sometimes shrink on the mold (something to do with the curing process) second moulds are also sometimes taken but if you make a second mold without taking it from the master mold this can also cause problems any and all these things can give you a hugger which doesnt quite fit. Im not saying skidmarx are crap (they are clearly not) but something as close fitting as a hugger with the processes used means you simply dont get the quality assurance you get with other products. that is why its good to have plenty of competition. In that way companies will be more keen to keep their QA processes as high as possible and secondly you have somewhere else to go if you cant get your hugger to fit right.:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had a skidmarx fitted to my new vara by the teqh's from the dealer I got the bike from and it is S**T ...:(

No doubt one or two of you will disagree but the right hand side does not cover all the edge of the tyre so therfore it throws up loads of the crap ..:mad:

At the end of the day it's a after market part as Honda do not make one(Crazy!) .

Powerbronze and pyramid also supply a hugger so good luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked the Vara up today Hugger looks great !!!!! also got a flip screen thrown in BARGAIN :applause: The best thing about it is it is so unobtrusive you can hardly see it. It is also a one piece job unlike the skidmarx hugger which is a two piece i also thin k the quality looks better, and the guys at Pyramid are a real friendly and professional bunch Thanks a load Pyramid. :cool-yo:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Let me no how it fairs up when you get to test it in the wet Davech42.

My skidmarx hugger is S##T as the right hand side does not quiet cover all the tyre so therefore it still chucks up a lot of the crap..:mad:

Be interested to no how you get on with the pyramid ..:thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all on the forum!
Not to say we're stalking you Dave :thumb:, I actually found this forum through a "home made Fenda Extenda" thread for the XLV650 (which has been in stock since the start of Feb this year). I'm going to offer technical assistance where I can.

The newly designed Varadero Hugger was an N.W.S, but since Pyramid bought out the N.W.S range and N.W.S themselves retired, we have been on the receiving end of the bashing stick for their ill fitting designs and we are currently going through them to find which do and do not fit, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

The Hugger comes with all fittings and instructions. There is no need to drill the swing arm with the new Hugger either.

With Dave's help we've been able to make a brand new mould for the XLV1000. However it is only available in black at the moment, so if any colour choices are to be made, please contact our customer service team on 01427 612536.

FAQ: "When are these available?"
We are currently receiving these through from production. Please check the product information page to see their current status: Pyramid Plastics Online Store

I hope this helps!

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
i had a PP hugger on my gsx600f and that fitted nice. black plastic, i dont see the point of carbon or kevlar down there where nobodies going to see it.
i did like the NWS aluminium weave stuff though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there everyone, Justin2 from Pyramid here!
(There's Justin1 who came over from Powerbronze)

It's nice to see pics of your Vara' out and about Dave and we're thoroughly pleased you enjoyed the service!

Let us know how things are coming along!

- Justin2

·
Registered
417 Posts
No discount for forum members then ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since having received control of the website I still haven't got the discount codes module set up yet, however you can use the 10% discount code "XRVJP1" when you email us with an order enquiry (followed by a phone call) or call up direct on (+44)01427 810473. See the technical details on Pyramid Plastics Online Store

This discount also applies if you purchase multiple items (subject to availability)

Remember to support the forum, the XRV shop has some tasty decals in there I've laid my eyes on!

Thanks!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Thank you, nice to see you look in now and again. I have ordered one today, Cheers, Del

·
Registered
417 Posts
Recieved today and fitted perfectly. Mounting points all in the correct place. No pulling and pushing to get it to fit.PERFECT, well done Pyramid, and a little discount thank you, Derek aka Delboy.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I had to use a little rubber bung at the back of the right side fixing to align it perfectly .
Got the hugger on fleabay from manufacturer as a second (nowt wrong with it as far as I could see),dont know who made it NSW or Pyramid Plastics

1 - 18 of 18 Posts