Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some photos from this year's Horizons Unlimited Mountain Madness. Another good event, and the last to be held under the HU banner. Next year Austin Vince will be organising the Spanish event, and Grant and Susan will be heading to Morocco. Looking forward to Morocco already, although maybe not on the 'Twin. The Mushman Candidates have proven that proper offroad bikes are the way forwards, winning the overall title this year on a KTM525 and a 950 SuperEnduro. Ian and I picked up the big-bike class win with a BMW GS12Adv and Africa Twin.

Morning sunshine at the Riberies hotel.

A variety of bikes taking part.

One of the winning machines.

The village of El Ges.

We stopped at Gosal for lunch on one day.

We had to ride the tarmac at Josa.

General view of the Cadi Moixero area.

Near the refuge at Pollineres.

Typical trail near Costa Revol.

View from Coll De Finestres.

Pic Negres, on the border.

At the summit of Fontpedros.

View over Estamariu.

Last trail of the week, at Civis.

The ford at Conflent.

And finally back to the tarmac after Creu De Bedet.

Then a bimble back through France, finally getting a drenching after 9 days of perfect sunshine.

Drying off gloves on the ferry.

Back home, strip the bike down for it's annual deep clean.

Too many bits, and too many bolts.

Probably why I'm on my second rectifer/regulator for this bike. (Also managed to completely shag a TKC80 rear in just 2500 miles. They normally last twice that long!)

Ian shot some video (mainly of me falling off and other general silliness), which I'll post once he's done some editing.

Iain :p

·
Registered
132 Posts
Fantastic photos and well done on the win :thumbright: Tbh I have far more respect for those who do it on more 'road' bikes than the offroad orientated.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Well done you two

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
its good to see you and the twin still going strong Iain :thumbright:

and as always top quality phots:cool:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Congrats Ian. maybe a word to the Shropshire Star and get some good publicity for m/bike riders :)

"Local boy done good in Europe" :D

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Nice stuff there, cant see as many doing a morocco events but if AV keeps a Spanish afair going that will be good

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice stuff there, cant see as many doing a morocco events but if AV keeps a Spanish afair going that will be good
Not sure that Austin will run the event in quite the same way as Grant and Susan. I can see Austin advocating wild camping at the top of a mountain, and it's got to be said that as I get older I increasingly appreciate that nice warm shower, ice cold beer, and comfy bed at the end of a hard day's riding. :p

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Not sure that Austin will run the event in quite the same way as Grant and Susan. I can see Austin advocating wild camping at the top of a mountain, and it's got to be said that as I get older I increasingly appreciate that nice warm shower, ice cold beer, and comfy bed at the end of a hard day's riding. :p
I agree... but it still sounds good.:thumbright:.

Where would AV be posting details ( if and when it happens) of this event ?.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree... but it still sounds good.:thumbright:.Where would AV be posting details ( if and when it happens) of this event ?.
Not sure how to contact Austin in order to find out about next year's Spanish event. Does he have a website or somesuch?

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Not sure how to contact Austin in order to find out about next year's Spanish event. Does he have a website or somesuch?
I managed to get hold of Austin and he will send me details of the Spanish event as soon as he starts to get things started.

I'll put any info or updates on here.:thumbright:

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
I managed to get hold of Austin and he will send me details of the Spanish event as soon as he starts to get things started.

I'll put any info or updates on here.:thumbright:
Keep me posted please Stan incase I miss updates to this thread, ta.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
bloody hell Iain you make it look so easy mate:cool::thumbright:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Great video! over 23 minutes... took me a while to find time to watch it!

Usually bike-mounted cameras produced terrible pictures, but the combination of BMW suspension, smooth riding (?) and quality camera produced amazing results.

Great work, and congratulations on the competition result.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts