Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys a noob here and apologies if I'm repeating any suspension threads.

A friend and myself are entered it the 2018 Budapest to Bamako Rally 2018 and we are using 2 Dommies an RD02 and an RD08. We both have endure machines, mine a 350 Husaberg with WP suspension and him a CRF 450X.

I was considering a wilbers rebuild of the original dommie suspension but have had the light bulb moment of borrowing the WP suspension and DID wheels from my Husaberg 350 Fe for the rally and talking my mate into doing something similar to his CRF as a cost saving measure.
We will both need wheel upgrades as well, so this would be quite a saving toward the rally expense.
As I say just had the light bulb moment and looking for thoughts and experiences that would help.

I will be posting the build thread from old hack acquired for €900 to desert rally raid weapon as progress gets underway. Thanks

·
Registered
942 Posts
think you'd be the first to try and fit husaberg suspension to a dominator so you're on your own there,
i had a wilbers shock fitted to my dominator for a while, it was miles better than the mushy stock shock, but if i was you i'd be more inclined to follow the lead of 650 Fred , he's a regular around here, he fitted an XR shock and i think front end to his dominator and was very pleased with the results,
there is a thread about his shock swap somewhere around here

found it
http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/dominator-fmx/95066-xr400-front-end-domi.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheer for the link , some interesting reading there could be a good option , What did you have up front with the wilbers on the rear ?

·
Registered
942 Posts
What did you have up front with the wilbers on the rear ?
stock front end, it was a flat track style bike that i put together and then took apart and rebuilt into a twin shock scrambler/old school traily bike,
the quality of the wilbers was very obvious on the road , cant vouch for offroad as the tracker was only for road use

1 - 4 of 4 Posts