Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As anyone who has ridden on the Continent in the Summer knows, it can get damned hot and it does not take long to dehydrate when on a bike, especially if you wear a mesh jacket(as I do)

Aldi have 2l hydration camel packs at the moment for around 6 quid. Mebbe worth a look before that trip to South of France or Spain, as Aldi/Lidl stuff is usually decent enough gear.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Dead right Steve

People don't realise just how much you dehydrate even in this country

Always have mine

Little sips along the way is enough so you don't need to be stopping for a pee break after 1/2 an hour after downing a 500ml bottle of water at a fuel stop etc

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dead right Steve

People don't realise just how much you dehydrate even in this country

Always have mine

Little sips along the way is enough so you don't need to be stopping for a pee break after 1/2 an hour after downing a 500ml bottle of water at a fuel stop etc
I learned my lesson big time in the early 80s when riding a motor bike in Southern India, I got serious heat stroke and a beer in the evening was NOT a good idea...

Little and often as you say... I also like to douse myself in water as often as is possible in temps near 30C and I have now been trying a cooling vest which is a stunning bit of kit, but TBH, not needed over here really :-D

·
Registered
225 Posts
+1 to the hydration pack - I've a kriega 3l - my lesson was learned in Albania a few summers back. Had to spend about an hour in a garage recovering, much to the bemusement of the locals. Ever since then I've nearly always carried a pack. It's great as it also allows me to dribble out water on my self - and man does that feel good when I do!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts