Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with Hyper Pro progressive fork spring? Also, anyone here tried the Combi Kit for RD07a? How is it compared to other progressive springs? Im looking at changing the front springs but wondering if the Combi Kit is a worth the investment? Any feedback is appreciated... :thumbup:

Hyperpro Front Fork & Rear Shock Progressive Springs - Suspension Shop Australia

·
Registered
286 Posts
I used to have an Hyperpro spring fitted on my rear shock (as well with Wirth progressive springs at the front) and can only recommend it :thumbright:

There is an improvement in the feeling of the road- more feedback-, in the traction and in the damping: it's gonna change your life! :icon_smile:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback... :thumbup:

Anyone else here has experience with Hyper Pro? Seems pretty 'silent' here on this... ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would hang on a little while untill Ricor 'http://store.ricorshocks.com/' have their rear shock in production for the Africa Twin. I am currently using their front fork inserts 'Intiminators' and expermenting with settings. They have totaly transformed the front of the bike. I will be testing the new rear shock soon ...I am currently on the road RTW and have tryed 3 other rear shocks in the last couple months, all ok but the technology they are using so so much more advanced, I really think it is going to be the end to all africa twin suspension problems

With their rear shock and intiminators in the bike I can't wait to blast away the KTM's!

George

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...:thumbup: Good to know an alternative here. The price though, is almost twice of a typical progressive spring. I have emailed Rico to enquire more abt the rear shock. Have u tried the difference between a progressive front spring and the Intiminator? Is there a significant difference?

Thanks for the feedback. Taking my time here to look at all the options before i make a decision. Always good to learn more... :thumbup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes I replaced my orignal springs with progressive springs (white power) before I left. They came with 15mm spacers. I still had wayyyy to much dive due to the luggage so incressed it to 45mm of preload spacers this gave me a sports bike stiff front end which was great on road but sucked off road as far to hard, only using about 50% of the avaliable travel. I now have the intiminators in inaddition to the progressive springs, but I will be returening to orignal springs as soon as I can (Australia I think) as the way the intiminators work, the orignal springs are best. With the intiminators, I have the full travel of the suspesnsion AND a rock solid front end, They really work. If I had know about them / they were avaliable before I left and knew what I knew now I would have saved the money on the progressive springs and gone straight for the intiminators, yes they cost about double but they are 4x as good. Really!

George

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback, this is helpful. Im still waiting for email reply from Rico; that will help in my decision making :thumbup:

I just realized (from your earlier post) that u r in KL now. Any plans to come by Singapore? If u r, we should meet...dinner's on me! :thumbright:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi yes still in Malaysia I am on Tioman Island now, not planing on Singapore because if all the difficulties with foreign bikes, but that is a very kind offer. If I do however find myself there in the next week or two I will let you know!

George

·
AfricAddict
65 Posts
I have installed front and rear hyperpro springs on the TA, hands down the best upgrade I ever made on that bike, and have done many of those...

I've been waiting to get a good deal and I will definetely go the same way on the AT. It's a total transformation of handling and absorption, really worth the buck.

·
NoooBeee
16 Posts
Hi again tiger,

I bought an ohlins rear sup & got a pair of front hyperpro progressive springs for free. Am good at bargainings..hehe. Cornerings have been better and bike is more stable..gonna test it out on off-road tomorrow. Will write its review here. cheers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have installed front and rear hyperpro springs on the TA, hands down the best upgrade I ever made on that bike, and have done many of those...

I've been waiting to get a good deal and I will definetely go the same way on the AT. It's a total transformation of handling and absorption, really worth the buck.
:thumbup: Thanks...good to hear it worked well for u..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hi again tiger,

I bought an ohlins rear sup & got a pair of front hyperpro progressive springs for free. Am good at bargainings..hehe. Cornerings have been better and bike is more stable..gonna test it out on off-road tomorrow. Will write its review here. cheers.
Thanks...Hyper Pro and Ohlins!..:thumbup:

Actually, i saw your bike today.Walked past the carpark where u parked your bike and realized u live 2 blocks from me. Ha...your bike's nice n clean. Your ohlins and sparkling clean chain stood out most for me... And hey, u need to share where u got the special deal for the springs... Is the Hyper Pro available in the store or do u need to order it? Cos if it is available i might just go get it.. :cool:

·
NoooBeee
16 Posts
Heya tiger,

U lived 2 blocks away?? U riding AT? never seen any AT around my neighbourhood b4.
Anyways, I got mine at HKL Bt merah(Dyno Centre). I'm a regular there since my 2B bike. Not sure if he'll allow such a discount for other customers.
Maybe I could ask the boss first for ya?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heya tiger,

U lived 2 blocks away?? U riding AT? never seen any AT around my neighbourhood b4.
Anyways, I got mine at HKL Bt merah(Dyno Centre). I'm a regular there since my 2B bike. Not sure if he'll allow such a discount for other customers.
Maybe I could ask the boss first for ya?
Hey..how to contact u? Got an email add? Cheers..:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts