Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondered if anyone had given Hypnotherapy a go and what their thoughts were on the outcome.

I make no secret of the fact that I'm terrified of heights and it's time I did something about it so am considering trying hypnotherapy but I'm also a bit sceptical as to whether it works.

so what are peoples experiences

go on, tell me I'm completely cuckoo :)

·
Midlife pah done that
1,107 Posts
I had hypnotherapy in 2007 to help give up smoking, haven't smoked since, just drink loads of water instead.
No idea what happened, one minute I was chatting to the hypnotherapist and next thing I know it's an
hour later. So all I can say is it worked for me.

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
PM'd

I was working with a stage hypnotist 7 years ago as it was a back to back corporate event we had the Saturday free. 2 of us had a smoke cessation I've not smoked since. Hypnotherapy can work IF you want it to work.....even if you dont believe

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I am having a few sessions at the Christie to try and get the pain of my tumour in my spine out of my head, and the emotional help of 7 years of Cancer !!!!
is it working??? Yes I believe it is. But you have to believe in it and go with it.

Whats the worst that can happen??? :):):)

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
It couldn't possibly work for me because I have an irrational fear of Hypnotherapists.

Look into the eyes. Look into the eyes. Not around the eyes...

Aaaargh!

On a more serious note, give it a go. It works for a lot of people and, clucking aside, it is pretty safe.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Look into the eyes. Look into the eyes. Not around the eyes...
I had a boss that looked like a stereotypical stage hypnotist. All I could think of when I was speaking to him was the above line,

·
Registered
12,768 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
appointment booked for next Tuesday,

if I'm not back by Wednesday assume I think I'm a duck and I can be found in a pond at the park :)

Best of luck Ian just relax and enjoy you will feel very good after:)

Cheers Frad

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Got any nails?;)

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well I'm back and I don't think I'm a duck :)

apparently I was a difficult subject, now there's a surprise :rolleyes:

I'm certainly feeling a lot better about heights and have just taken a trip to the top of a multi-storey car park and taken a look over the edge which I couldn't have done yesterday

I guess only time will tell how successful it's been but for now it feels good,

Quack

1 - 20 of 22 Posts