Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today coming back from Brighton in the torrential rain my bike just didnt feel right, the brakes seemed to be binding after hard braking into the roundabouts making it steer like a pig. checked the tyre pressure on the tyres (changed back to the pirelli scorpians from the TKC's) all was fine then i looked at the scored front discs and realised I had run the front pads through to the backing plates...... they must have been sticking to the discs. DOH!!!!

guess what I'm going to be changing tomorrow. bloody annoyed with myself as I usually check everything religiously.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
It's easy to put these things off and forget about them. I've got new front pads for the Vara sitting on the shelf but I'm happy to leave them there till the last moment. It's the Scottish genes I tell ya. One day I'll forget to check them and the same will happen I bet.

I did a similar thing with tyres last year and then realised it was too late to get them changed before going away (as my usual supplier had no stock) and ended up having to get them in Inverness while on a touring holiday. That cost a few bob more than it would have down here.

·
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why's this in bike tech?? can I have it back in chatter please

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
why's this in bike tech?? can I have it back in chatter please
Agreed. It's about Sean's twatidness rather than technical issues.

Moved.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
today coming back from Brighton in the torrential rain my bike just didnt feel right, the brakes seemed to be binding after hard braking into the roundabouts making it steer like a pig. checked the tyre pressure on the tyres (changed back to the pirelli scorpians from the TKC's) all was fine then i looked at the scored front discs and realised I had run the front pads through to the backing plates...... they must have been sticking to the discs. DOH!!!!

guess what I'm going to be changing tomorrow. bloody annoyed with myself as I usually check everything religiously.
My poor bike :(

Crashing through corners, broken chains, and now this :(

Will the abuse never end :(

·
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
look on the bright side Tom, - you KNOW its going to be cheap when it does get sold to you.............

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
look on the bright side Tom, - you KNOW its going to be cheap when it does get sold to you.............
Aye ... true that .... a few more adventures of sean and I'll be getting the bike, a trailer, spare wheels, an angle grinder, and fifty quid thrown in if i take it off your hands :p

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
My poor bike :(

Crashing through corners, broken chains, and now this :(

Will the abuse never end :(
Aye ... true that .... a few more adventures of sean and I'll be getting the bike, a trailer, spare wheels, an angle grinder, and fifty quid thrown in if i take it off your hands :p
It will arrive in boxes of bits with an important part missing.:D

·
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the only important part of that bike is its legend of an owner...... (current owner obviously)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

anyway, stripped the calipers down - feck knows what they've been using on the roads this winter but it was horrendous. it turns out the pads are low but not through to the metal, I've just spent 3 hours declogging, cleaning, regreasing and rebuilding the front calipers. going to do the rear at the weekend as I think the front calipers were partially seized. if that doesnt solve the problem I'll regrease the head race bearings. failing that it'll be a phone call to Tom offering an early sale.........:hitler::hitler:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts