Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right some of you will know about my bike being nicked (thanks for all your kind support). But i do have her back now and its a bit of a sad sight.

for those that dont know what happened my dommie was nicked outside my mums house in broad daylight 4 days after i had fully restored it and built my own lovely pannier rack. It was then thrashed about used in a robbery then crashed and dumped wrecking all plastics and bending my pannier rack on the right side (but my welds held :thumbup: )

ok so after a lot of thinking about what i want to do with it i think i shall start again. the frame is still prefect and most damage is cosmetic.

this is where you loverly peeps come in, here is a list of the bits i need to get her back up to scratch:

ok its an old shape RD02 heres how she looked at the national just before completion! i will post a pic of it completed soon she looked great :(

All plastics are broken
Mirrors (not too important)
Fuel Tank
rear light ruby
number plate holder
seat
wiring loom (cut up to hotwire it)

I believe that is it but anymore bits i will ad them.

I am willing to pay for these bits but i'm trying to keep the cost down as i spent so much overall in the first place, i'm relying on our community to help out a dommie in need.

Any offers on parts thought would be great and thanks again guys love ya all!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Right some of you will know about my bike being nicked (thanks for all your kind support). But i do have her back now and its a bit of a sad sight.

for those that dont know what happened my dommie was nicked outside my mums house in broad daylight 4 days after i had fully restored it and built my own lovely pannier rack. It was then thrashed about used in a robbery then crashed and dumped wrecking all plastics and bending my pannier rack on the right side (but my welds held :thumbup: )

ok so after a lot of thinking about what i want to do with it i think i shall start again. the frame is still prefect and most damage is cosmetic.

this is where you loverly peeps come in, here is a list of the bits i need to get her back up to scratch:

ok its an old shape RD02 heres how she looked at the national just before completion! i will post a pic of it completed soon she looked great :(

All plastics are broken
Mirrors (not too important)
Fuel Tank
rear light ruby
number plate holder
seat
wiring loom (cut up to hotwire it)

I believe that is it but anymore bits i will ad them.

I am willing to pay for these bits but i'm trying to keep the cost down as i spent so much overall in the first place, i'm relying on our community to help out a dommie in need.

Any offers on parts thought would be great and thanks again guys love ya all!
Hi pete if you are in cornwall now come and see what I have got, I have more bits at my mums at wheal kitty, and you can pay me in beer down at the driftwood.

·
Sweet!
55 Posts
I have a good red tank. Can't see myself ever using it again since I have an Acerbis one (plastic, so actually useful off-road ;-) ). I may also have some plastics knocking about. Same shape as yours (1988/89).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool guys, i think digital captive has just got rid of the last bits of his bike (well part of bike!).

Not bothered about colour of tank really, it will have to be resprayed anyway, so thats ace, how much you want for it and we can go for there, but i shall have a scout for a acerbis tank too might as well see if i can get one as it has to be changed anyway!

Gary & Loo thanks PM sent, hope i can get back to the village soon, city life is too stressful!

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Remember though, acerbis tanks can't be painted.

I've got a nearly complete set of US import dark blue plastic and stuff knocking about somewhere, but getting it to the UK is going to be a pain...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aww excellent!! i can paypal you the money for postage etc if you like! yay!

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
yep sorry to say that the only bits left here are a rear rack, a fuse box, and the rear wheel spindle and they are only here by accident :confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
glad you got a bit of comeback on the bike though!!

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
And the prize for today's oldest thread resurrection at three years and three months goes to...

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Was wondering if we would get to see a fully restored dommie but no. :(
Oh well
Sometimes its quiet fun to look at old threads
But
before replying "have a look at the date of said thread" :toothy10:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts