Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p A completly different ride from my old Blackbird ( in a good way ) Great fun! Still enough "umph" to get in the overtakes two up, this was one of my concerns before I took delivery. Particularly impressed with the slow speed handling. There's a couple of photos in the album on my profile page. We had a great day weather wise today, ended up at Findorn for coffee, loads of bikes out and about, I was the only Transalp! Where were you all? :eek:

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
:p A completly different ride from my old Blackbird ( in a good way ) Great fun! Still enough "umph" to get in the overtakes two up, this was one of my concerns before I took delivery. Particularly impressed with the slow speed handling. There's a couple of photos in the album on my profile page. We had a great day weather wise today, ended up at Findorn for coffee, loads of bikes out and about, I was the only Transalp! Where were you all? :eek:
Planning meeting for the Longest Day :confused:, glad you had a good ride and are enjoying the Transalp, under rated bike in my opinion :thumbup: But not here in XRV land ;)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Glad you like the bike.
I was in bed asleep as I started work at 21:30 hours and I finish at 05:00 hours.

·
Registered
217 Posts
We had a great day weather wise today, ended up at Findorn for coffee, loads of bikes out and about, I was the only Transalp! Where were you all?

Aha! another potential member of the NE Scotland TA fan club. Believe me, there seems to be plenty of us in your neck of the woods. Just wait until the snow and salt clears and then maybe, just maybe we'll all emerge from hibernation.

Think we should all meet up and compare our rusty spokes...

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
We had a great day weather wise today, ended up at Findorn for coffee, loads of bikes out and about, I was the only Transalp! Where were you all?

Aha! another potential member of the NE Scotland TA fan club. Believe me, there seems to be plenty of us in your neck of the woods. Just wait until the snow and salt clears and then maybe, just maybe we'll all emerge from hibernation.

Think we should all meet up and compare our rusty spokes...
The Ta 650 (2002?) I saw yesterday , had a hard life. Lived outside and driven in all conditions.. very rusty , not just the spokes.. pushed over by hoodies a number of times..

BUT the bike was going strong and had 55,000 miles on it..
What a Great Bike the TA is....... :thumbright:

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Training with the Mountain Rescue team. There again I haven't got a TA. :D

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Where were you all? :eek:
Lairg actually :thumbup: on the Vara.

Nice quiet run out with some of the local clubs hardier types (they think they're hardy just cos there is still snow on the hills :rolleyes:) up to Skiach services for most then me and two others headed more north, with a planned route that included Ullapool!
The smaller roads beyond Lairg didn't offer themselves to the sort of riding that we'd planned, so we looped back via Dornoch then back to Skiach again for a warm up brew, then home.
200 miles in sunshine - whats that all about :confused: :rolleyes: :D

Glad you like yer new steed - soon be play time :thumbright:

Steve T

:cool:

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Building shelves, discovering my measurements were wrong, and failing to have the will to take them all down again.

Glad you like the TA. Your skeleton, particuarly back and wrists, will thank you for trading from the Blackbird. :thumbup:

·
Registered
217 Posts
LRW's pics explain why my TA is still hibernating - I'm even higher up than Banchory. Getting warmer now though - no ice on the car for the first time in 3 months this morning. New back tyre is in desperate need of a workout

1 - 10 of 10 Posts