Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Widget
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I had the unforunate incident yesterday of colliding with a truck while riding in Colombia.

Thankfully I bounced but my baby sadly didnt.

I am trying to work out the best course of action and what to do next.

The questions I would like answered are

1. Is it possible to get an aftermarket right fairing panel and nose cone in the UK.

2. How much roughly is this likely to cost me.

Kind regards

Paul Remington

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Yes,
One arm, one leg.
I only know for the RD04 but Dave Silver Spares will be able to get whatever you want. Fairing panel about £45, nose cone closer to £200. You need the colour code fromunder your seat and he'll get them made to match with all the decals and everything.
Main thing is you're OK.

·
Widget
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

Whealie.

You are an absolute star, has given me somewhere good to start, now I just need to get a cost verdict on my bike and work out where I go next.

Thank you once more

Paul

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
Unfortunately there are no aftermarket panels as far as I know - that leaves David Silver or second hand. Or..... removing the plastic altogether and going for the apocalypse look!

Stig

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Or..... removing the plastic altogether and going for the apocalypse look!
Or fibre glass and lots of patience.

·
Widget
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx

You guys are all totally amazing, will wait to see a verdict from the mechanic which I am still waiting on then work out the next best course of action, just want my baby to look almost as good if not better than it did before.

Crashing wasnt really a prob, it the sudden stop at the end :(

Paul

·
Widget
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Dilbert,

It is a 99 Model, RD07A I believe, in the amazing black paint scheme.

FYI , I bought it in January this year with 6000 miles on the clock, left home in June with 10000 miles on the clock for New York, and crashed with 30000 miles on the clock.

I will ride it again :)

Paul

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
you've got a better chance with the RDo7s of getting parts so you shouldnt have to much trouble :D

i trust you are well no injurys to your good self then :?:

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Ok then Paul as above, keep your eyes peeled on UK Ebay, the Black RD07A is frightfully common and does come up fairly regularly, it depends on how long you can wait, in the meantime I prescribe a full roll of duct tape to hold everything in place, especially as this is also available in black :lol:

BTW how did you manage to crash a black one? these are easily the slowest colour :shock:

·
Widget
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Simon,

Yes I confess I did get a bit lost riding round the states, but it was alot of fun, found my way easily through Mexico, Central America and finding a sailboat to overland me to Colombia

Chad,

Yeah I fine, 4 days after the incident the only sore parts are my right shoulder but I now blame that on a superb night clubbing in Bogota last night.

Robster,

Thanks for your best wishes, from here in Colombia I have managed to find out about new parts for my bike in the Uk, arrange to get my VFR back on the road in the UK, and investigate the various options open to me at this point so yep I feeling pretty good.

Dilbert,

Skipped the duct tape, just got a motorbike shop here in Bogota straightening everything out. Find out today or tomorrow the final score of the situation and work out what I do next. I dont know how I crashed a black one, heck I been asking myself that question on and off in the last few days. The only answerr I can give is I think I made an error of judgement and I hate myself for it, but feeling smug, first crash in my first 11 yrs of riding, if I dont crash for another 11 yrs, I might smile again.

Anyways I hate those thoughts in my mind so y'all ride safe and I will try to ride safe in the future also. I just want to ride, guess that a good sign in my mind

Paul

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
paul_r said:
first crash in my first 11 yrs of riding, if I dont crash for another 11 yrs, I might smile again.
Paul
Hey Paul, that is pretty damned impressive, not sure if I managed 11 weeks before my first, wasn't 11 months I'm sure and defo not 11 years, keep up the good work and good luck with the rest of your journey :thumbleft:

·
Serial Scenic Router
1,369 Posts
hmmm! I seem to be averaging 1 a year! :cry:

Off to the opticians tmrw :D :shock:

In fairness it is always other folk crashing into me! but high winter mileage odds always stack up against you!!

Glad alls well any how, and good luck, and may there be many more great parties causing various sore body appendages. :shock:

oh and (chad you'll like this!!) I've now got servo assisted linked abs braking on my winter hack. You can stand these puppies on their nose by stamping on the back brake :shock: :? . neh neh ne neh nehhhh!! :D :D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Yeti said:
hmmm! I seem to be averaging 1 a year! :cry:

Off to the opticians tmrw :D :shock:

In fairness it is always other folk crashing into me! but high winter mileage odds always stack up against you!!

Glad alls well any how, and good luck, and may there be many more great parties causing various sore body appendages. :shock:

oh and (chad you'll like this!!) I've now got servo assisted linked abs braking on my winter hack. You can stand these puppies on their nose by stamping on the back brake :shock: :? . neh neh ne neh nehhhh!! :D :D
8) 8) 8) 8) you did it :shock: great fun aint they :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts