Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reconstructing a dingy old road underneath railway arches in Bethnal Green at the moment. It's a dark granite sett road with grimy, bird crap covered footways. For years it's been full to the brim with half worked on cars from the local garages (including the cockney and indian bloke off the telly who make cars for celebrities).

Anyway, done all the preliminary design and consultation stuff and the first thing I had to do was clear the cars, close the road, then block it at each end with timber baulks to stop them coming back.

Most moved of their own accord after I wandered in and out of numerous workshops explaining what was happening. A few we dragged with chains out from under the arch so they could be lifted onto lorries and taken to the local pound. However, one black cab was left because it only had three wheels, it also had no numberplates.

The parking section who got rid of the remaining cars didn't want to know because of it's lack of wheel, so I reported it as an abandoned vehicle and said it was a danger to the kids who walked past it to the nearby school. The abandoned car people came and took it, storing it for a few weeks in case an owner ever turns up.

Turns out it was being used as a knocking shop by the local errr, ladies of the night. I did wonder why it was full of cushions, blankets and the doors were unlocked.:D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Is cabby now hiring his cab out when he is not using it?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Pimp my ride! :D:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts