Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
eel be alright, won't er?
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

After two and a half (long) months of searching, I have finally bought an AT!

It is standard (apart from topbox) with 13000 miles on the clock. It was the 3rd one I looked at. I bought it from Hereford, its new home is now the edge of Dartmoor.

I serviced it shortly after I got it home - new plugs, new air filter, new oil and filter, chain was incredibly slack and dry, probably because the spindle on the rear wheel had been over-tightened which took some shifting, now correctly adjusted and oiled. I have already done 600 miles on it, nearly all in the rain.

Took her out today (first day in the dry!) around some country lanes and different places around the moor. What a great bike, I love it and wish I had bought one earlier, except I only saw my first AT last year and hadn't heard of them before - where have I been! Love at first sight and I knew it was my ideal bike, having always ridden trail type bikes.

Now I am soooo happy that I have one, but it is a great shame that Honda stopped making such a brilliant bike :)confused:)
((Bring em back Honda! Please...:thumbup:))

Here are some pics I took today...

·
2,701 Posts
Good to hear you found your ideal bike, welcome to the rank's of the wise one's :cool:

I don't see any picture's though, just little boxes with an X in.:confused: is it just me :confused:

Looks like Alps can see them :confused:

·
"call me lucky"
728 Posts
Should of got a black one. Everybody knows ther faster.:D:D:D:D:D
Only joking , cogratulations on the purchase of a fantastic machine.:thumbright:

·
2,701 Posts
Good to hear you found your ideal bike, welcome to the rank's of the wise one's :cool:

I don't see any picture's though, just little boxes with an X in.:confused: is it just me :confused:

Looks like Alps can see them :confused:

Now I see them, very, very nice :cool::cool:

And an XR to get muddy, an ideal pair :cool::cool:

·
Registered
398 Posts
:thumbright: congratulations,Dr Green,

worth waiting for,

Tony K

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for all your comments so far, I forgot to add that the XLR pictured is not actually mine, it is my friend Petes, but I do have a couple Suzuki DR350's to play in the mud with!

I'm definately gonna take your advice with the Crashbars - I will probably need 'em round these parts and on the moor. I can't wait to add bits to it, seen loads of the mods and extras on the forum with some really good ideas and products out there.

P.S. How much faster can I go if I spray it black!!

·
21st Century Schizoid Man
2,428 Posts
Hey there Dr Green - great looking bike - especially like the first pic - moody and gritty :)

That chain... be sure to keep it on the slack side, that's the way ATs like it.

And welcome to the site too! :thumbright:

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats on the LEGEND
We'll if only I had the internet and forums like thses to give advice.
Get the crash bar :D

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Good looking bike nice pictures:thumbright:

No need to spray it black they all got it wrong RWB are faster :D

Simon

·
Registered
528 Posts
Looks like you've got a great bike there;) well done and welcome to the fold!!!:cool:

RWB @'s are not only faster, they look better too - naturally!!!:thumbup:

Yup, get some crash bars, definitely worth it:rolleyes:

Enjoy your bike:D:D:D

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
Well done - it looks like you have a good one too! I know your were looking for one at least as far back as when Shack sold his. I Like the RWB colour scheme, but I noticed on mine (black and gold) the tank was originally blue - looks like the colour was changed professionally, and I think it was done before the bike was sold new (2001). I may be wrong, but I suspect Honda made more RWB than Black, and had to spray some parts as production drew to a close. Clearly more people prefer the faster colour....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Dr Green,

Nice bike. I'm not that far from you. Plympton on the edge of the moor.
Go out green laning around the South Hams most weekends. Usually go out for a ride and meet up at Capn Jaspers on a friday night, if you fancy meeting up and comparing @T's?

·
where next?
508 Posts

That chain... be sure to keep it on the slack side, that's the way ATs like it.
Wot he said!!

Best to check the chain tension with someone (heavy) sitting on the bike and not when it is on its centre stand. Even dealers get this wrong sometimes and a tight chain can cause very costly repairs. A correctly tensioned chain will look like it's hanging off when the bike is on its centre stand but tightens when your weight is applied.

Welcome to XRV.Org. Your bike looks great (but definitely needs some stickers.) :thumbleft::thumbleft:

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
welcome to the site dr green
nice bike and nice pitures

:thumbup::D:D

·
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks to SteveC and 1gear1brake - I originally adjusted the chain on the side stand (as per owners manual) but when I was on the bike, chain was on the tight side. Got a fat friend to sit on it and then adjusted it accordingly. Its adjusted correctly now. Cheers to all for the comments and welcomes aswell.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts