Re: I know we all love our bikes....

Whatever floats your boat :rolleyes:

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts

Whatever floats your boat :rolleyes:
I wonder what the offence was ?.

I'm worried 'cos I've I've experienced a few in-animate objects in my time.....:D .:headbang: .:headbang: .:headbang:

G

·

Weird as it may be I was quite suprised that they've done him for it, especially as it was in a private room. I know they have laws on beastiality and the like but in-animate objects?????

I suppose the main issue here isn't the fact that he made love to the bicycle, but more a case of he didn;t make sure that it was totally private!!!

Kymmy

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts

Bloody hell. It seems more than a bit weird to me (and can't for the life of me imagine where you'd even start trying to have sex with a bicycle), but live and let live I say. It's not like he's attacked someone or was doing it in the middle of the high street is it. It seems he was in his own bedroom.

When you consider of all the kinky things going on up and down the country in fetish clubs and bedrooms (some of it probably even weirder than this), it seems that he might have been treat a bit harshly being placed on the sex offenders register, and to have his name splashed across the media (including his new address). It's not like he's raped someone is it.

I don't know. Maybe I'm a bit too libertarian in my thinking, but it seems that judge has made a moral rather than legal judgement. I always thought what people got up to behind closed doors was their own business unless they were breaking any laws.

I know it must have been a shock for the cleaners, but I'm not sure I buy the 'we knocked several times' line. Surely if he was up to something like that and he hears a knock then the door opening, he'd stop what he was doing.

It's a funny old world we live in :D

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts

Was that the local "bike" ?..:rolleyes: .:D .

Pedalling sex again........:toothy5:

All makes sense now Rob.........Scottish news report !!!! :D :toothy7:

Door.......................

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts

Nope, he was in a hostel which I believe have an open door policy (even if they're closed...in other words all staff have a right to enter)

Kymmy

Wouldn't that be the same sort of deal at a hotel or travel lodge though? I think they reserve the right to enter a room as well don't they?

I wonder if a couple in a hotel room would have been treat the same in the eyes of the law if a cleaner had used a master key and walked in on them, or if the sentence would have been so harsh in that case.

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Wouldn't that be the same sort of deal at a hotel or travel lodge though? I think they reserve the right to enter a room as well don't they?

I wonder if a couple in a hotel room would have been treat the same in the eyes of the law if a cleaner had used a master key and walked in on them, or if the sentence would have been so harsh in that case.
I'd suppose that would depend if they had a bicycle upside down on the bed and were fiddling with its Cog :rolleyes:

G

·

Probably not, but a hotel room you are paying for the privacy, a hostel is normally free. Also for a hotel room you have the DND signs and whether or not you put one of them on the door could make a major difference.

Kymmy

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts

I'd suppose that would depend if they had a bicycle upside down on the bed and were fiddling with its Cog :rolleyes:
But that leads to the conclusion that it was the act of having sex with the bicycle that was the crime, and not that it was simply that someone walked in and saw it.

I can't understand how that could be the case myself. I mean, they sell those weird sex dolls etc. legally don't they, and vibrators for women. Or is there a list of inanimate objects that it's OK to get off with, and a list of inanimate objects that it isn't.

I wonder if they'd walked in on a woman using a vibrator, if the outcome would have been the same?

I know it's really weird what he was up to, but I can't figure out how he ended up being charged like that myself. He must have had a shit lawyer.

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts

Probably not, but a hotel room you are paying for the privacy, a hostel is normally free.
But they still reserve the right to enter the room using a master key don't they. Whether you've paid for the room seems besides the point to me.

The guy had locked the door, so that seems to me like he had at least taken some reasonable step towards ensuring his privacy (even if it was unsucessful).

I can't understand why the cleaners had such a problem with it either really. I mean, for most people it'd just be some unfortunate incident that you'd piss yourself laughing about I expect and be another good story to tell your mates in the pub wouldn't it?

Also for a hotel room you have the DND signs and whether or not you put one of them on the door could make a major difference.
Yeah, that's a good point. I do wonder if the same thing had happened to a couple in a hotel room who'd forgotten to put the DND sign up, whether they would have been treat so harshly though.

Has anyone ever read this story btw:

http://www.galwayfirst.ie/donkey/

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts

AS for "free" is a hostel then different from a youth hostel cus all of the latter charge????

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts

Look, I'm trying to have a frivolous and jokey conversation here with my cyber-buddies FFS!

Sheesh, some people just treat this place like a resource for technical information... :rolleyes:
Sorry mate. I'll shut up. Just felt a bit sorry for the guy really and thought he'd been treat a bit unfairly (despite his weird fetish for bicycles).

Have a look at that second link I posted if you want a laugh :) Don't think it's for real but made me laugh.

G

·

AS for "free" is a hostel then different from a youth hostel cus all of the latter charge????
A hostel in this country tends to be a charitable organisation with rooms for the homeless, or a place where rooms are offered to those coming out of prison/mental health unit or other people who havn;t anywhere to live through some other circumstance. Some charge but most are free.

Youth Hostels are really young person hotels though few hotels have dorm style accomodation that the YH's offer.

Kymmy

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts

Look, I'm trying to have a frivolous and jokey conversation here with my cyber-buddies FFS!

Sheesh, some people just treat this place like a resource for technical information... :rolleyes:
I really wanted to reply but they all scared me with their serious replys:D :D
Que "Queen" "I want to ride my Bicycle,i want to "ride" my bike":D :D

dont worry rob i am with you on this one:blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts

This guy has now been "Saddle"ed with a criminal record for gettin his jollys with a push bike :confused: .

Think of all the "tyre"d old jokes that will be "Wheel"ed out at his expense. :D :D :D :D :D .

1 - 20 of 55 Posts