Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
…today was almost a perfect day. Beautiful sunshine, and at long last, some time to ride Nessie, followed by food and a couple of glasses of wine relaxing watching the football. then a walk in the sunshine. What could be better? Well, maybe if the ref had gone to Specsavers… :D

Anyhow, thought it was about time I piled in with another ‘riding’ progress report. I’m aware it’s been a long time. Since the marking season descended upon me, I’ve had little time to get out on Nessie. :( But wherever possible I’ve been riding her into work and have slowly built up confidence. With marking finally finished, today I determined to start to make up for the pitiful amount of progress made. So, I took advantage of an opportunity to gatecrash (not literally, thankfully) a ‘mod 1’ training session at my local Training School, and had my first attempts at the slalom, figure of 8, ‘speed trap’ and swerve tests.
Managed the slalom first go, no problem, and the figure of 8 on first go, though secondtime around I let the speed drop and had to put my foot down (‘game over’ so I’m told).

The speed trap – didn’t quite get up to 50 KPH, but almost there, no mean feat on a poor underpowered lardass like Nessie (I love you really, baby). :love4:

The first time I attempted it, I was concentrating so hard on opening up the throttle I forgot to swerve for the hazard.:error:

But thereafter I managed it every time (a bit scary though) and stopped neatly in the box. :thumbup:

All in all, it was good to have a go, as the ‘big test’ really is the ‘monkey on my back’ now, and although my road confidence is coming on in leaps and bounds, I’d really thought that the test challenge was ‘strictly out-of-bounds’ for me and little old Nessie.

Some plus points. It really does get better, easier, and more enjoyable all the time. The Vanvan is a lovely bike to ride – even if I could, I’m not sure I’d want to trade her in for a more powerful model right now. I love her to bits.

And I’m so glad I made the decision to learn to ride – it was definitely one of the better decisions in my life (and there have been a few…:rolleyes:).:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Good on yer! :thumbright:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
you had the right kind of weather for it so well done.:thumbup:

·
Registered
346 Posts
As they say 'Practice makes perfect'...

Nice to se you're having fun and enjoying riding

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I'm proud of ya :thumbup: their are not many ''young'':cool: girlies learning to ride.
Hope you have many more adventures on your Nessie,she's a good lil bike and she's all yours, dont let people dis her.
Do'es she listen when you talk to her? as I know you do! :D

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm proud of ya :thumbup: their are not many ''young'':cool: girlies learning to ride.
Hope you have many more adventures on your Nessie,she's a good lil bike and she's all yours, dont let people dis her.
Do'es she listen when you talk to her? as I know you do! :D
Young, eh? I'm liking this...:D:D:D Yes, of course I talk to her, and no, of course she doesn't listen to me. But I love her anyhow :love5:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts