Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dug out an old 1:25,000 map of Harlech, Portmadog and Bala and went on the Trailwise website looking for tracks and byways. Found a few so marked up the map and set off today.

Had a great day, 190 miles and 8 1/2 hours on the bike. Miles and miles of trail riding.

GREAT DAY. :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/picture.php?albumid=345&pictureid=2697

The above track proved too much for me alone. I just couldnt get the bike over the rocks in front of the bike. There was about a 2 foot ledge. I piled loose rocks beneath and tried to ride up and over. But the large boulders were in awkward places so after 40 mins I gave up and tried to find a different way in. It would have been easy with another person to help!!!!

Looks easier than it was. Very steep with lots of loose rocks.

Up and over the mountains!!!

Woops, it had to happen sooner or later. Tahnks god I fitted crash bars earlier in the week!!! No damage (apart from a couple of scuffs of the indicators). Again, it doesnt look it but this section was very steep with loose slippy rocks.

And the trails took me through some woods. Very muddy and slippy.

And then up onto open mootland.

Finally a long trail, about 4 - 5miles to a lake before ending. Same way out again. No problem, good tracks.

If anyone in the North West / North Wales (or anywhere if you fancy riding to North Wales) fancy a ride out let me know and I'll try and organise something in the next month or so. Will be getting some more maps and will try and find more trails in North Wales.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Lovin it.
8 hours -lots fresh air.
Glad you fitted crash bars.- which ones?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Great effort that man, those look a bit gnarly to be going solo, what would your mother think?

I went out on some Warwickshire lanes with the TRF today, mostly a lot easier than what you've been on by the looks of it but it was a novices run. One great wee singletrack dead-end lane through some woods around the back of the Land Rover test track provided a buttock clencher when a herd of deer darted across and almost provided us with free dinner.:D

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Well done Mike

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
buttock clencher when a herd of deer darted across and almost provided us with free dinner.:D
I crested a hill, riding in the middle of a 4*4 track (deep ruts either side) and infont was the biggest bull Id ever seen. Could'nt turn round so got a bit closer and managed to nip around the back of him. Luckily the ruts shallowed out so I bounced over them. He didnt even move. No idea what I would have done if the ruts didnt shallow or he charged at me.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Brave man....

Some of those look familar and respect for carting a beast like that up some of those tracks!

·
Space Emperor
618 Posts
Cool! The first image looks freaking deadly on a 230kg bike :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts