Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just popped out to my shed to have a little fettle with some brake callipers for my project bike (Abigail) Blowing a gale outside and rain is intermitantly hammering against the window. The radio's on 5 live and the Calton v Blackburn match is on. I've a cuppa in my therrmal mug and my two ladies are there for company (that's Dolly and Abigail :D )

Does life get any better? :D :D :D

Jees I love my shed, It has got to be the only place I can truely relax and escape from the world.

What about you lot?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Despite having a whole 3 bedroomed house to myself,my garage is my own special world....Tarka`s Den :lol:

I think it`s that special blend of my bikes,my favourite posters,my CD system playing my favourite music and the aroma of oils,fuels,and polish creating a heady atmosphere hinting at travel,thrills and adventure .

I have to agree with you that there`s something nice about being inside a decent shed,but my shed is just for gardening stuff,while my garage is for the bikes.
 

·
Huh?
Joined
·
2,328 Posts
The one aspect of my new house that I will not compromise on is that it must have a garage. IT MUST. Or room to build a workshop.

I understand completely and I'm just a bit jealous :wink:

-Cheers
-Simon
 

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
Joined
·
6,040 Posts
I lurrrrrve my garage, which is better than the metal shed I had before, which in turn, is better than the puddle I knelt in for years in my parents front garden...Except I've got too much stuff in the way these days. If I have to move the spare Africa Twin tank one more time I'll throw the thing out the door. The thing is the wrong shape to go up in the rafters so it just moves about the floor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
890 Posts
garage time

Yeah, it's funny how I never seem to get tired or bored when working on the bike in the shed. It does help when the 'ickle mice come out to play though.

For the size of them they can't half eat a lot of food! Unless, of course, there's loads of them :(

Can't imagine not having the shed to while away the hours cleaning,polishing, oiling and sometimes even doing useful stuff.
 

·
whys the rum always gone?
Joined
·
17,680 Posts
oh yes its the one place we can truly relax but its got to be set up right :D HIFI and a copy of your music collection, beer fridge, carpet on the floor, loads of tools (though you never seem to have enough of these) somtimes i even just go out there with a coffee and stare at my pride and joy. other times mates pop round and its out to the garage to break open a tinnie and indulge in bike talk

or working away on the bike and soon to be bikes 8) yup i love my garage the same way you love your shed :D

the latest innovation for me is to use the intercom walkie talkies to order a cuppa 8) but mrs chad stops short of bringing it out to my den she just tells me its by the back door and i have to go and fetch it :shock:

hmmmm im going to have to work on that one :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
A cool place to be indeed - trouble is my garage is so full of crap i havent got room for both bikes in there at the mo :roll:

Hey Squirell, got any pics of your other bike - isnt it a cafe racer with a single your building ? would love to see some pics :D
 

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
Joined
·
2,978 Posts
Ah !! my 9' x 7' piece of paradise !! all mine with nobody elses' clutter. Just me and my two wheeled steeds, one with an engine two with pedals!!. Got the radio and an oil filled radiator for when things get a bit "baltic" but I still need quality shed time.

Best thing about a shed (for a bloke anyway !!) - you can break wind as often as you like without a chorus of "tch tch tch" from the fair sex who don't appreciate the finer points of a well prepared and perfectly excecuted bottie burb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,207 Posts
What I wouldn't give for a shed/garage! Just spent another quality evening cleaning calipers and replacing the brake fluid in Maverick's shed. Poor sod was so tired after ferring us around to the Rugby on Sunday that he almost managed to leave me to my own devices :shock: Thanks dude!
 

·
one-legged member
Joined
·
4,493 Posts
I love my garage, it's somewhere to retreat to and there is always something to fiddle with !! I mean there is always a bike to fiddle with. Like Yen, I am constantly moving things about to get room to work on a bike that's why I'm thinking of selling my Transalp (see for sale section)

Bob.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anton88 said:
Hey Squirell, got any pics of your other bike - isnt it a cafe racer with a single your building ? would love to see some pics :D

Coming soon anton88 :D :D I'm expecting the wheel spindles back from the chromers today infact, then it's a few more coats of paint on the rear wheel spacers and she can come down from her wooden plinth and stand on her own two wheels :D :D :D 8)
Then I'll be able to sit on het in the shed and make bikey noises pretending to win the TT on her (Oops, too much info me thinks :oops: )

BTW when I say shed, I mean converted garage. I just prefer to think of my space as a shed. Garages always seem to 'car' for me, plus I do soooo much more than fettle with bikes in there. (bit of a joiner too :D )

Heyho, Must try to get Mrs Squirrel with the walkie talkie thing. Do you think it could make a good Christmas pressie??? :wink:
 

·
A man without Ale.
Joined
·
2,666 Posts
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I had a shed... it was ace.. but sadly now i have grass.. which really sucks eggs.. The worst part is i cant do 1/4 of the stuff i want because i have no , 1) clean space, 2) dry pace, 3) light ! (really only a winter problem) 4) [email protected] bench to do stuff.. Do you know how hard it is cut cut steel pipe on the grond with no vice or even horse!! :x :x
sorry I am just a bit jelouse.. I stayed in work all week end to get some stuff done on a bench and got sh1t for it too by the work shop boss... Can you believe it "If you are gunna be in here it has to be for owrk purposes only..." for F8ck sakes i was using a vice and MY hack saw... bastard!
 

·
skeptical old git
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Chad said:
the latest innovation for me is to use the intercom walkie talkies to order a cuppa 8) but mrs chad stops short of bringing it out to my den she just tells me its by the back door and i have to go and fetch it :shock:

hmmmm im going to have to work on that one :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
this is what you need Chad - sure you could modify a wagon to carry your tea!


(with apologies to the G Scale Society for nicking their bandwidth)
 

·
Wing Commander
Joined
·
14,437 Posts
mrs chad stops short of bringing it out to my den she just tells me its by the back door and i have to go and fetch it
that's cos she did her back in carrying out all those bacon butties the other Sunday. :lol:
 

·
whys the rum always gone?
Joined
·
17,680 Posts
icenian said:
Chad said:
the latest innovation for me is to use the intercom walkie talkies to order a cuppa 8) but mrs chad stops short of bringing it out to my den she just tells me its by the back door and i have to go and fetch it :shock:

hmmmm im going to have to work on that one :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
this is what you need Chad - sure you could modify a wagon to carry your tea!


(with apologies to the G Scale Society for nicking their bandwidth)
hey now your talking i could build a mini vaiduct from the kitchen to the garage :D how cool could that be :wink:




(quote whealie) that's cos she did her back in carrying out all those bacon butties the other Sunday.

aye for sure she a good girl whealie
:D 8)
 

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
Joined
·
2,978 Posts
OI Chad , what you doing on here just now ?? why are you not at work ??
 

·
whys the rum always gone?
Joined
·
17,680 Posts
Wee Jack said:
OI Chad , what you doing on here just now ?? why are you not at work ??
working round the corner so i popped home for lunch 8)
 

·
skeptical old git
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Chad said:
Wee Jack said:
OI Chad , what you doing on here just now ?? why are you not at work ??
working round the corner so i popped home for lunch 8)
You've been posting from 10:27 until 2:48... that's some lunch break!

Didn't know you worked^H^H^H^H^H^H are employed in the public sector Chad :)
 

·
whys the rum always gone?
Joined
·
17,680 Posts
icenian said:
Chad said:
Wee Jack said:
OI Chad , what you doing on here just now ?? why are you not at work ??
working round the corner so i popped home for lunch 8)
You've been posting from 10:27 until 2:48... that's some lunch break!

Didn't know you worked^H^H^H^H^H^H are employed in the public sector Chad :)
nah its just that ive learnt to warp the space time polarity, to enjoy my lunch better :shock: i love my food me :wink:
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top