Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

On account that I have had my last bike removed from my posession without my permission, I am on the hunt for another

Now my last one was a nice simple, old XT600e of 1989 vintage and I loved it. I had done the usual c&s, tyres, battery, fork seals etc and after 8 months it was robbed :(

I have no idea what I am looking for athough I do fancy a Transalp or AT for some reason, I have had the race reps in the past and have no penchant for those anymore if I am honest, although I would like another RD350LC one day :cool: (had one when 18, 20 years ago)

Anyway, I jusy want to say hello to you all and I shall read this forum to death I think, it looks great :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
If you have the funds now there is a nice 600 Transalp for sale on this site.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.
If you have the funds now there is a nice 600 Transalp for sale on this site.
Hi StumpyFingers,

Thanks for the welcome, I've seen that Transalp but do not have the funds yet, so I am reduced to brousing for the time being, at least I should get the time to make my mind up about what to get, I think once I have some spare cash some test rides will be in order so I can see what I like best ;)

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discombobulated.

Excellent screen name!!! :thumbright:

My parents came back from seeing friends in the nortwest US last year, and told me a story of their host using the word "discombobulated" all the time and were laughing their heads off!

Anyway, you're in the right place for info on trail bikes. Make sure you have a good look around the entire site as there are plenty of model specific forums and an excellent WANTED / FOR SALE area that you can use should you chose to subscribe (for a miniscule £12 a year)

Welcome to the forums!

Bob :thumbup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Discombobulated.

Excellent screen name!!! :thumbright:

My parents came back from seeing friends in the nortwest US last year, and told me a story of their host using the word "discombobulated" all the time and were laughing their heads off!

Anyway, you're in the right place for info on trail bikes. Make sure you have a good look around the entire site as there are plenty of model specific forums and an excellent WANTED / FOR SALE area that you can use should you chose to subscribe (for a miniscule £12 a year)

Welcome to the forums!

Bob :thumbup:
Hi Bob,

Thanks to you and Moon for the welcome and glad you like my screen name, I must admit it's the biggest word I ever use and even then, it's just for giggles as not many know what it means, it takes me more time to explain it than anything else :D

Perhaps we could change this :confused: smilie's name to suit :D :cool:

I shall subscribe but not just yet, too close to the end of the month lol

I shall glean as much info of this site as possible before I take the plunge and buy another bike, although I am leaning quite heavy towards a Transalp for some reason, I have always liked them if I am honest so here I am thinking is an ideal opportunity - just need some spare money now.

The insurance off the XT have conned me as well, small print states that the bike should have been in the garage whilst at home, it was taken off my driveway, chain was cut and away it went, so the insurance will not payout!! I have lost the lot :(

Bob, I dare say it has been said, but you have an awesome Avatar :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
What time of day was the XT taken?
Most insurance state it must be garaged between the hours of 22:00 Hours and 06:00 Hours, at least that is what is stated on mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What time of day was the XT taken?
Most insurance state it must be garaged between the hours of 22:00 Hours and 06:00 Hours, at least that is what is stated on mine.
I have no idea, it was taken overnight but I wasn't even at home I was away on business and the wife noticed it gone in the morning, I guess if I check the small print further and if it says as yours does between 2200 and 0600 it is to be garaged then for sure my wife would have remembered putting the bins out at 2145hrs that night to see it gone.....;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no idea, it was taken overnight but I wasn't even at home I was away on business and the wife noticed it gone in the morning, I guess if I check the small print further and if it says as yours does between 2200 and 0600 it is to be garaged then for sure my wife would have remembered putting the bins out at 2145hrs that night to see it gone.....;)
Well I have just checked the even smaller than small print and it states that if the vehicle is at home, theft cover will not be in force unless the vehicle is kept in a bricked garage - so I am shafted really!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts