Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having managed just fine without a car for the last few years, logistics have beaten me. We have too much going on over the next few months to make bikes and public transport practical.

Is anyone selling or thinking of selling their car?

Only requirements are mechanically sound and a big or bigish boot.

Make model colour dings and dents all irrelevant so long as it's mechanically sound.

Have a budget of about £1200.

I've been scouring ebay and it's doing my head in.

If not you, do you know anyone selling a reliable car/estate?

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Poor timing.. my neighbour just sold a Honda Civic T reg 50k miles air con elec everything for £600 after I found a buyer.. she was going to scrap it as it was her recently deceased husbands car and thought it would only be worth £50:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Try looking for something like a car club.
You borrow the car for the time you need it but do not have to pay for road tax, insurance, tires, or any maintenance and if you have a space on your drive they may pay you to keep it on your drive.
I belong to Streetcar and have use of a brand new VW Golf or Van when I need it.:thumbup:

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try looking for something like a car club.
You borrow the car for the time you need it but do not have to pay for road tax, insurance, tires, or any maintenance and if you have a space on your drive they may pay you to keep it on your drive.
I belong to Streetcar and have use of a brand new VW Golf or Van when I need it.:thumbup:
Cheers for that. I looked into it. A medium car will for 3 months would set me back £2400 plus join up fees etc.
Wouldnt work out very economical for us.
But it's a cracking deal if you just need a car for a couple of hours. £5 per hour and theres one parked around the corner from me :D

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just bought a VW passat estate :shock:

Ticks all the boxes - but it has 2 too many wheels for my liking :(

Oh well, needs must and all that.

Look out for a nice little ttr250 going up for sale soon. I cannot afford to run a car and two bikes.

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
eh??? but you've only got the one.....:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Just bought a VW passat estate :shock:

Ticks all the boxes - but it has 2 too many wheels for my liking :(

Oh well, needs must and all that.

Look out for a nice little ttr250 going up for sale soon. I cannot afford to run a car and two bikes.
It should have been a van so you can carry your bike bits up and down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts