Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Christmas greetings from Denmark.

My son has just finished a contract where he was sent to a motorbike workshop on a work experience type of deal paid for by the Danish government as part of his education as a motorbike mechanic.
He starts back at technical college in january for some book learning stuff but next year ,as part of his education he has to go on another 12 week work experience gig.
I suggested that it might be fun if he came to Blighty and did it over there.
If any of you guys know of a bike workshop that might be interested in having a half Scouse half Danish gopher for three months free of charge ,the Danish government will pay his transport costs and £200 pw for bed and breakfast.
He is a nice hard working lad that just wants to learn how to fix bikes and if you guys could help his dream become a reality, I would love to hear from you.
I know most of you are probably seriously pi ssed of about how the government has let too many foreigners in this last decade or so but my son is half scouse and has been working on our bikes since he was 12 yrs old and wants to work ,hopefully assembling bikes with Triumph or Norton.:thumbup:
Any help recieved will get a weeks free accomodation here in Denmark in a summer house his mum owns.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

PS, Jnr has promised he wont steal any of your pigs, chickens ,women or gold like his ancestors did.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
PS, Jnr has promised he wont steal any of your pigs, chickens ,women or gold like his ancestors did.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Promises, promises...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Come on mate ,it was a while ago and its not like you were emotionally connected to them pigs they stole.:D:D:D
Yeah, but in England's country side, swines are considered like sisters and cousins... Just like sheeps in Ireland.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
well that escalated quickly . Willy Wonka was Irish and quite fond of pretty young ewes you learn something new every day . :D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone "up north" know of any bike shops that might be able to use a trainee free of charge ,his school will provide his spending money and digs..

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Does anyone "up north" know of any bike shops that might be able to use a trainee free of charge ,his school will provide his spending money and digs..
I find quite interesting (and generous) that the Danish governments pays up for a student to gain experience in a foreign country. Hat off to you guys. That's pretty impressive. Good luck in your search. :-D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I find quite interesting (and generous) that the Danish governments pays up for a student to gain experience in a foreign country. Hat off to you guys. That's pretty impressive. Good luck in your search. :-D
Denmark is good like that ,when I got fed up of being a carpenter and quit my job, the Danish government paid for me to take my heavy vehicles licence and send me to go and study Danish so I could take the course.
I spent 10 years driving big rigs and buses until my heath took a left turn a few years ago.
Denmark is good for paying stuff like that,probably saw it as an investment in my future.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
It's great to see a government that sees education as an investment, and not like an expense as is sadly the case in too many countries. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's great to see a government that sees education as an investment, and not like an expense as is sadly the case in too many countries. :thumbup:
The government offered all Iraqi "guests" after the gulf war £10000 to go home which was taken advantage of ,people returned home but came back on different ID,s ,cost the government a fortune it did.......duh!:grin::grin::grin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts