Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Womble
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Varadero has been described by many as mighty, and with good reason....

Mighty comfy
Mighty torquey
Mighty smooth
Mighty fairing

But then again it is;

Mighty heavy
Mighty big

I really enjoyed the riding bit, but the seat height was a bit much for my short 29" legs, and the width of the seat made it very difficult to manoever the beast whilst sitting on it. The weather protection is awesome and I would have no problem in keeping warm in the winter but if I can't touch the ground it's not really a go-er for me.

I also rode the Tiger 1050 which has a seat height to within 3 mm of the Varadero, and the narrower 'chassis' and seat allowed me to touch the floor better, but the lack of weather protection and [reading the forums] very variable build quality made me pass on that as well.

So I'm sticking with the TransAlp, and living with the build quality issues with that, hoping some ACF-50 [or the ScottOiler equivalent] and a set of fork gaiters to keep them operational over the winter. The exhaust can just rot and I'll replace it when it gets too noisy.....

·
Registered
83 Posts

Mighty comfy
Mighty torquey
Mighty smooth
Mighty fairing

But then again it is;

Mighty heavy
Mighty big

I really enjoyed the riding bit, but the seat height was a bit much for my short 29" legs, and the width of the seat made it very difficult to manoever the beast whilst sitting on it. The weather protection is awesome and I would have no problem in keeping warm in the winter but if I can't touch the ground it's not really a go-er for me.

I also rode the Tiger 1050 which has a seat height to within 3 mm of the Varadero, and the narrower 'chassis' and seat allowed me to touch the floor better, but the lack of weather protection and [reading the forums] very variable build quality made me pass on that as well.

So I'm sticking with the TransAlp, and living with the build quality issues with that, hoping some ACF-50 [or the ScottOiler equivalent] and a set of fork gaiters to keep them operational over the winter. The exhaust can just rot and I'll replace it when it gets too noisy.....
1/ exhausts cant get too noisy:D
2/ the Varadero is easily sorted re-height with a number of options open to lowering the beast. go for a Vara you will not be disapointed.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I agree, im a 5 8" short arse with 27 in inside leg measurement. Its not stopping me having one. A lowered seat will be a great help, but if thats not enough, a lowering kit will be fitted. I have an 650 Alp and it has the oem lowered seat option and i find thats ok for me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree, im a 5 8" short arse with 27 in inside leg measurement. Its not stopping me having one. A lowered seat will be a great help, but if thats not enough, a lowering kit will be fitted. I have an 650 Alp and it has the oem lowered seat option and i find thats ok for me.
We know you are a short arse del.... you stole my cut down seat from under my nose;):D

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts

Mighty comfy
Mighty torquey
Mighty smooth
Mighty fairing

But then again it is;

Mighty heavy
Mighty big

I'm only 5"8 i've had mine for the last 7 years no problems you do get used to the bulk and physical size very quickly then you forget what the fuss was about

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm only 5"8 i've had mine for the last 7 years no problems you do get used to the bulk and physical size very quickly then you forget what the fuss was about
Thanks for that, i was worried about the big beast!!:thumbleft:

·
Registered
417 Posts
We know you are a short arse del.... you stole my cut down seat from under my nose;):D
SORRY !!...................................:thumbup::D:D:D:D:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts