Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Its amazing knobblies can rip through Mud , rocks and swamp but always fail in snow.:mrgreen:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Happens every time :) Gotta remember to engage all wheel drive before the snow bank......

Oh, wrong forum :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
More years ago than I like to contemplate, I used para-cord wound around the back wheel of my full fairing Velo Venom to come North over Glenshee (the old road= Devil's Elbow). Blooming hard work, but I made it to Braemar where the local bobby stopped me and fed me a bacon butty and hot tea in the station. A real gent. He advised me to not go further as the ploughs hadn't been out, so I made it back to Aberdeen the next day in sunshine. A once in a lifetime thing but when you are young you are indestructible, no? No pics as I didn't have my 7/6d Kodak Brownie with me and anyway, I daren't stop. Seem to remember that downhill was a bit more scary than fighting my way uphill. Didn't once drop the bike. Sheer bloody-mindedness I suppose. Happy days!
I also used to use a 50cc Honda Camino complete with front basket to get to work when the roads in town were snow-covered. Where you could not ride, you just picked it up over the drifts and continued... Who said that motorcyclists were nuts? Guilty as charged M'Lud...... Les

1 - 5 of 5 Posts