Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
putting the engine back together today:cool: new piston rings the cams and tappets sorted every things going well:cool: on the front there is a little alli fitment that takes a water hose from the front cylender to the bottom of the engine .. i stick a new o ring in it then start to fit it ,, im using a quarter drive ratchet .. its got two M6 bolts ..i do up the bolts nice and even like ... is fitted just so:cool: then i think ill just tweek them bolts a bit........................tweek...............................click.................................:confused: what woz that...................................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!:angry5: :angry8: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: SNAPPED THE LITTLE ALLI FITTING THAT THE HOSE FITS TO CLEAN IN HALF what a feckin pillock:oops: :oops: so it looks like a nice chat with david silver spares on monday:rolleyes:

so the moral of this story is if you think it needs a quarter of a turn leave the **** alone:laughing9: :laughing9:

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and I say unto ye TORQUE WRENCH:D:D:D:D
its kinda like this tourque wrench is a foot long :cool: the quarter drive ratchet is only three and a half inches:rolleyes: i thought it was a no brainer:D but didnt add into the calculations the 6ft my forarms would add to the quarter drive ratchet:D :D :D :D

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
that's a classic Chad, truth be known we've all done that. I have a perfect remedy for that sort of situation now.............he's called Barftone and he shouts NO! as soon as I get to the point of destruction. Of course this only works on the trail so when I'm in the garage it's the usual carnage angry9:

·
Registered
212 Posts
THANK GOD THE GUY IS
HUMAN :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6:

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Pisser. We've all done something similar though.

I remember turning my LC engine upside down on the bench, fumbling and dropping it on the clutch basket. I said 'bollocks' as I watched a chunk of clutch basket ping across the garage.

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Like misreading your RM250 manual - thinking the torque chart for general bolt sizes meant the socket size, not the thread size.

Result was one seriously overtightened sump plug which lead to a complete engine strip. How I laughed.......

·
17,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like misreading your RM250 manual - thinking the torque chart for general bolt sizes meant the socket size, not the thread size.

Result was one seriously overtightened sump plug which lead to a complete engine strip. How I laughed.......
oh feck thats a nasty one:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: i dont feel quite so bad now:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
putting the engine back together today:cool: new piston rings the cams and tappets sorted every things going well:cool: on the front there is a little alli fitment that takes a water hose from the front cylender to the bottom of the engine .. i stick a new o ring in it then start to fit it ,, im using a quarter drive ratchet .. its got two M6 bolts ..i do up the bolts nice and even like ... is fitted just so:cool: then i think ill just tweek them bolts a bit........................tweek...............................click.................................:confused: what woz that...................................AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!:angry5: :angry8: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :angry1: :angry1: :angry1: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: SNAPPED THE LITTLE ALLI FITTING THAT THE HOSE FITS TO CLEAN IN HALF
Welcome to my world :D

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
OOps - hope you get it sorted without too much hassle. I amazed how quick you get these things done - i wish i had more time to finish mine :(

Just started building a new summerhouse/shed in the garden today, coz my garage is FULL of baby stuff and garden stuff and furniture and my brother in laws scooter and loads of other stuff and bits of my @ - i'm running out of room AAGGGGGGGHHHHH

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
good luck with that mate! sorry to hear about your strife?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts