Honda XRV Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
evening all at xrv.org, yes its me and im sad to say that i am back in devon after spending 7 hours in a recovery truck due to a knackerd water pump, after spening several hours trying to locate a new one i was told by all the honda agents that it would be 2 to 6 weeks before i could get a new one, when i do i will dash back to morcombe and carry on with the ride so i am asking a big favor DOES ANY ONE ON THIS FORUM KNOW OF OR HAS A WATER PUMP FOR A 1987 HONDA TRANSALP THAT I COULD BUY, AND CAN BE SHIPPED TO ME ASAP SO I CAN CARRY ON WITH THE RIDE. please contact me via pm or though this thread, at the moment i am very
,er well i can not use the words on this thread but you know what i mean:angry5: , i am not going to be beaten by something like a waterpump and i feel at the moment like i am letting everyone down and want to get back on the road again as quick as i can to complete the ride.
so please if you can help contact me
many thanks all
ian walker.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
would the pump off an RD03 AT..im sure they are the same ?????? fit if so i will take mine off and send it down to you .............................find out and let me know!!!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
not sure chad, i know that the transalp, all the 600's share the same pump dont know about the 750s:confused: will try to frind out, still feeling down about the breakdown, just want to jump on a bike and go...at the moment it feels like i am letting everyone down, the wife keeps telling me to snap out of it. :(

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Aww bugger mate - we feel for ya here - but try and keep your chin up - you're not letting anyone down - you've just been temporarily delayed thats all - but I can sympathise coz I know I'd be gutted and climbing the walls too - but it'll get sorted and you'll be back on the road in no time I'm sure of it.

:thumbup:

·
17,680 Posts
not sure chad, i know that the transalp, all the 600's share the same pump dont know about the 750s:confused: will try to frind out, still feeling down about the breakdown, just want to jump on a bike and go...at the moment it feels like i am letting everyone down, the wife keeps telling me to snap out of it. :(
mines a 650 i will give david silvers a call tomorrow and see if it can be done:confused:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
thanks chad, phoned david silvers this morning and he can't get a pump for my bike he looked on the computer and it says 0 stock he cant get them, i know that they changed the part number after 1989 so weather its a differant pump i dont know i have got someone looking into it and have to phone them tomorrow....

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
thanks chad, phoned david silvers this morning and he can't get a pump for my bike he looked on the computer and it says 0 stock he cant get them, i know that they changed the part number after 1989 so weather its a differant pump i dont know i have got someone looking into it and have to phone them tomorrow....
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Ian

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
Well there is no way i am going to pick up a new pump for the bike, Well thats what honda have said, "look for a used one" they said:confused: :confused: Good old honda. So today a brainwave:sign7: i have ordered a new 12v water pump from demon tweaks, make up a bracket hey presto a new pump and the current drain is less than a set of heated grips:D should be back on the road next sunday:p :p :p ;)
Thanks for the offers of pumps from members, but from 1989 onwards the pumps are different so will not fit my 87 TA.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
hello everyone,

sorry i have not posted for a while but been busy at work due to my dad being taken in for a operation so not a lot of time spent at home, trying to hold the fort but he is on the mend now. I will continue with the coast ride around mid august should be the 18th. Many thanks to steveT who sent me down another pump for the bike and after running it for the last couple of weeks all looks good so fingers crossed the bike should be fine.
any way off to bed another mental day tomorrow:rolleyes:
cheers all,
ian.:salute:

·
17,680 Posts
hello everyone,

sorry i have not posted for a while but been busy at work due to my dad being taken in for a operation so not a lot of time spent at home, trying to hold the fort but he is on the mend now. I will continue with the coast ride around mid august should be the 18th. Many thanks to steveT who sent me down another pump for the bike and after running it for the last couple of weeks all looks good so fingers crossed the bike should be fine.
cheers all,
good to here your ok

bad news about your dad ..i hope hes ok

all the best dude:cool:

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
hello everyone,

cheers all,
Any joy on this Ian??

·
Stone Crazy
5,304 Posts
what is happening then Ian? should have gone to stibb cross tonight i think and met some of the BAND lads as i was at home but did not think about it until it was too late
merv

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
HI merv,
Big problems with the bike , output shaft behind the front sprocket is worn and making the bike vibrate like hell so much so that the wife could not sit on the back on the way to exeter and had to get off twice, so i am in the process of looking for another bike at the moment so this one can be stripped down and looked at.

·
17,680 Posts
HI merv,
Big problems with the bike , output shaft behind the front sprocket is worn and making the bike vibrate like hell so much so that the wife could not sit on the back on the way to exeter and had to get off twice, so i am in the process of looking for another bike at the moment so this one can be stripped down and looked at.
feck me if it dont rain it feckin pours ....if it wasnt for bad luck you would have none:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

chin up mate you'll get sorted;)

61 - 80 of 94 Posts