Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the day for Barftone's annual Xmas trail-ride. This year it was on the small bikes rather than the Africa Twins, KTM950's etc and that turned out to be a good call.

The snow has all but disapeared in the most of the cities now but out in the countryside we found out that it has all turned to ice

There were seven of us made it to the starting point with one bike failure on the way and for the first time in a long while the two-strokes outnumbered the four-bangers.

The ice kept us on our toes all day and came in three forms; sheet ice, black ice and icy puddles but all things considered there were only a couple of 'drops' and no damaged bodies

Some piccies,

rest stop on the Fosseway.........

the ice.....

and the water........

cheers, Bob.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
At least the sun was shining.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Nice one Bob and Tone:thumbup: The VDSR one was pretty much ice also.
There seems to be a growing fan base for 2 smokes again

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
What better excuse for a calendar next year than this? :confused:

Would be rude not to.

·
Snotty lane fan!
160 Posts
Was a great day. Good to meet you all and a big thanks to Bob for the road side assistance when my Honda's fuse holder started playing up.

The ice made for some fun moments and the frozen puddles were especially deep with plenty of mud around too.

I'll be out and about locally over the next few weeks and will then be venturing down into Somerset where I found some really good lanes last time I was out. I'd like to know if anyone has good knowledge of the lanes around the Forest of Dean/Tintern as although I managed to find a few I managed to get lost most of the time! even though I had a satnav with 'MemoryMap'.

See you all soon

Happy New Year.

Stretchy.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Looks like you all had great fun!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice pics Neilios

·