Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about a side stand each side of the bike that automatically flips out when stationary and leaning more than a few degrees to either side.
Sure would save a lot of damage.:)
Just an idea.

Pete

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
A better designed side stand would go a long way.
The Alps side stands are pretty good, some bikes are dreadful - I always felt the Vara had a poor side stand.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
a camel toe side stand pad is a good job if you have a sparkling machine . my dearly beloved 90 transalp 600 would only be considered an old shitter in a lot of peoples eyes so I didn't think welding on a 3"x 3"square of 3 mm plate would make any difference to its status but it sure is handy when parking on soft ground . sitting close as you can to the tank and side shift your backside to the right to give extra reach always rest the bike to the right leg if its a bit on the high side leaves the left leg free to operate the gear shift and side stand . a tug on the bars to the left with the front brake engaged and a shift in upper body weight will pull it back I found the KLR 650 a bit on the high side I used to sit back on the saddle but had to move forward and to the right when stopping at junctions . I almost lost it a couple of times when I forgot to shift forward I test rode a rd04 Africa twin and found it a bit to high for my liking I could easy see myself dropping one if I came to a funny t junction up the hills . too tall for me in all reality . if you find your bike too high look into getting a lowering kit . not only can you get different shock links but reduction springs that go on the damper rods in the forks that drop the forks a couple of inches probably a cheaper option . progressive suspension do the fork lowering kits very popular with Harley riders but seeing as Harley use showa forks same as Honda its all the same .

·
Ridden for years
2,806 Posts
My K75S, just sold, had a mechanical side stand popper upper; very technical :D

When you pulled the clutch lever, a little rod would pull the side stand up; very clever, very simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts