Honda XRV Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok, thank you all for your reply's. I shall investigate the bolt. I'm sure I've had this before and remadied it with the old WD. Now that I know a bit more of what to look for, I shall investigate further. I'm pretty sure it's the steering lock bolt. Here's hoping! I'm missing riding already! :sad10:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, you beautiful people! All those who suggested the steering lock bolt getting stuck, raise your hand and take a bow!:thumbup:
After an hour of searching and spraying random places, I decided to get a better look by removing the fairing. Had another look at where I thought it was, gave it a spray, and to my surprise, hey presto!
Will go back tomorrow, put it all back together, then I'm laughing!:blob:
Thank you all for your help. RICK!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Folks, you'll be glad to know this thread is still saving people. Got an 05 TransAlp (from new). Popped into local supermarket yesterday with the missus and only applied steering lock. On returning to bike approx. 15mins later, steering lock was seized. First time in fifteen years this had happened. Missus had to walk home much to her annoyance. Anyhow, after some twenty minutes of trying to unseize the thing I eventually walked home too and searched this forum. Followed you guys/gals advice and VOILA. Except in the absence of WD40 and the urgency of the situation I used a few drops of the auld 3 in 1 oil. At some point when I finally get my garage cleared out i'll service that along with a hundred other parts. Although part of me thinks I should just moth ball it now and treat myself to a 2nd hand Africa Twin.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts