Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today I decided to get my lazy fat arse into the gym as I'm probably the heaviest I've ever been, so off I go, weigh myself and decide I need to lose a minimum of 4 stone, I'm not going to go mad so have set a target of december. I do however want to lose at least 2 stone by the end of sept.

I need an incentive though......

an helpful suggestions?

craig,alpslapper,vader and chad can all p1ss off before you start with the abuse.....

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
I lost 2 stone in 8 weeks without extra exercise
I have a history of gout in the family but though that was the fat bstards that share my name, it was for me easy but

lots of cut backs, including meat if you need or want more info let me know

as for incentive how about surviving to ride

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Sean

On the build up to TLD I stepped up my normal exersize regime with more mountaineering, climbing, mountain biking and gym work.

I had no aches or pains or cramps on TLD and it certainly helped in so far as I was physically and mentally able to ride back over night, have a few hours sleep on the boat and ride from 2pm till 9pm on the way home

Think of how much an incentive that could be

It also helps me achieve a lot in work and family life as I am able to focus / target etc

Don't get hung up on weight though. I can't seem to get lower than 14-14.5 stone even as thin as I am. If I stop exersizing I lose weight (muscle bulk) but feel crap and change shape

·
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I generally dont have so much of a problem riding distances on the bike, its just, well - I'm a fat *******....

also I'm knackered at the end of every day regardless

·
Registered
105 Posts
Build muscle, the larger the muscle the more energy/carbohydrate is used,so less is available to be laid down as fat.
Once you get into exercise ,you will feel so good you can get a bit addicted , I get edgy if I miss my regular mountain bike blasts,and I'm an old fart.

The biggest muscles are in the thighs and arse,bikes use both.
:thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
craig,alpslapper,vader and chad can all p1ss off before you start with the abuse.....
PM me lads and I'll post for you:D

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
I was explaining to sean that dancing is a great form of exercise and the incentive is you get to dance with some beautiful women. He said naw, cant be doing with all that hip hop jungle mega boom boom garage grunge crap. Nooooooooooooooo I said, Latin Americana, class stuff, the rumba, salsa, tango, thats what Im talking about. I said come over to mine, Craig and Chad are here, and we´ll show you some moves before going to the Salsa night at O´Neils pub up the road.
In fairnesss to sean, he bloody loved it - and threw himself heart and soul into the music and rhythm. He really got into Shakira, and I mean, REALLY got into her!!! To the point where he dressed up as her :shock: Well, Craig, never without his video camera, said lets make a video for you to take home and use it to inspire you.

Have a look:

YouTube - Fat Guy Dances Like Shakira To Hips Don't Lie

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I was explaining to sean that dancing is a great form of exercise and the incentive is you get to dance with some beautiful women. He said naw, cant be doing with all that hip hop jungle mega boom boom garage grunge crap. Nooooooooooooooo I said, Latin Americana, class stuff, the rumba, salsa, tango, thats what Im talking about. I said come over to mine, Craig and Chad are here, and we´ll show you some moves before going to the Salsa night at O´Neils pub up the road.
In fairnesss to sean, he bloody loved it - and threw himself heart and soul into the music and rhythm. He really got into Shakira, and I mean, REALLY got into her!!! Well, Craig, never without his video camera, said lets make a video for you to take home and use it to inspire you.

Have a look:

YouTube - Fat Guy Dances Like Shakira To Hips Don't Lie
It looks like you may need to go on a diet as well.

Start running.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
I need an incentive though......

an helpful suggestions?

I´m really offended you think I´d take the P$ss on something people can be very sensitive about :rolleyes: :D

Mate theres no magic receipe ' FFS stay away from any fad diet crap.

Healthy eating! In moderation. With a little bit of exercise, slowly building it up. Simple uncomplicated fact - if you put in more that you use, the body stores it as fat to be released in times of famine!!!!!

Having said to stay away from any fancy crazy fads, I can tell you from familial experience that my mother-in-law, sister, two brothers-in-law have all used weight watchers and have nothing but good to say about them. You dont have to go to the meetings, you can use them online.
They have a programme including recipes etc for you to follow and a targeted plan.

You also have dogs - so youre already exercising them very day - add to the distance week on week - then build it into a jogging session - you´re dogs will love you for it.

·
Varadero Explorer
237 Posts
As just mentioned stay away from fad diets. Saying that, though, atkins and dukan diets use a lot of logic.
Cut out bread, potatoes, pasta, rice and sugar, including cakes and biscuits. Doing that alone will lose you weight.
Go walking at least once a day.
If you feel like snacking eat ryvita and low fat cheese spread.

You can't do better than the old adage though.....

Eat less, move more :)

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Take a photo of yourself with your t shirt off.. it never lies. hang it somewhere you will look at it everyday.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Quote from my old trainer.

Generally speaking.

"You get fit and healthy in the gym."

"You lose weight in the kitchen."

Don't eat between meals...don't eat after your evening meal.

Run with the dog as part of the walk.....my chav dogs love it.

The only reason Atkins works is because you eat less calories (saw it in a documentary)....everything else about it is bad.

PS. Truth is we all know what do do.....we just don't do it.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
LOL tom that video cracked me up... :)

Sean, the easiest way to lose weight to start with (and this does work) is still eat exactly what you have been but half everything. If you normally have 2 burgers and chips, then have 1 burger and half the chips etc... don't snack inbetween either. You will feel hungry at first but you won't be starving yourself so just grit the teeth and work through it.

If going to the gym is tiring then lose some weight first, get a couple of stone off then goto the gym and start training. Remember that going to the gym burns a lot of energy off so you will want to eat more. If i'm not training (injury or whatever) then i can get by on 4 meals a day, when i'm training i eat 5 or 6 a day (this includes a protein drink)

Get yourself some decent whey protein powder and at dinnertime instead of having chips or something un-healthey, throw a banana in a blender and some protein powder, mix with milk and drink that. You will be surprised at just how much that fills you up. Try and have an all bran cereal for breakfast with some fruit, the bran is good for you and the natural sugars in fruit are a good boost to start the day. Snack on grapes or nuts during the day instead of biscuits and sweets.

Most importantly, do NOT cut out bad food alltogether, thats the worst thing you can do as you will crave it... have a treat now and then and it'll actually taste nicer.

I know you are utter scum with a dog (you should be fekkin shot) so take the dog out on long walks and the weight will drop off.

See, no p!ss takin at all

Good luck ya fat rotund fekker!

*Sean walked into the bunkhouse at dunquin and said can i look round? the woman said you look round to me fatty* :D:D:D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
LOL tom that video cracked me up... :)

Sean, the easiest way to lose weight to start with (and this does work) is still eat exactly what you have been but half everything. If you normally have 2 burgers and chips, then have 1 burger and half the chips etc... don't snack inbetween either. You will feel hungry at first but you won't be starving yourself so just grit the teeth and work through it.

If going to the gym is tiring then lose some weight first, get a couple of stone off then goto the gym and start training. Remember that going to the gym burns a lot of energy off so you will want to eat more. If i'm not training (injury or whatever) then i can get by on 4 meals a day, when i'm training i eat 5 or 6 a day (this includes a protein drink)

Get yourself some decent whey protein powder and at dinnertime instead of having chips or something un-healthey, throw a banana in a blender and some protein powder, mix with milk and drink that. You will be surprised at just how much that fills you up. Try and have an all bran cereal for breakfast with some fruit, the bran is good for you and the natural sugars in fruit are a good boost to start the day. Snack on grapes or nuts during the day instead of biscuits and sweets.

Most importantly, do NOT cut out bad food alltogether, thats the worst thing you can do as you will crave it... have a treat now and then and it'll actually taste nicer.

I know you are utter scum with a dog (you should be fekkin shot) so take the dog out on long walks and the weight will drop off.

See, no p!ss takin at all

Good luck ya fat rotund fekker!

*Sean walked into the bunkhouse at dunquin and said can i look round? the woman said you look round to me fatty* :D:D:D
He is still half the man you are.

·
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He is still half the man you are.

Hey Craig that sounds like a proposition.... you have an admirer, could this be another romantic partnership on the board, first there was piguglyshandydrinker and his good wife... now we have Craig and his wi.... no wait is it the other way round?

My missus wants to know if she should be looking at a new hat....

ahhh......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
You lose a lot more wieght if you run in running shoes, rather than talk to them.:D

It's these drugs man..........I'm not takin' enough........

P.S. Running the equivalent of your local park several days a week now...Looking like SuperChav wid ma dogs bludz.:happy6:

wieght....Wot colour's that then Journo Man ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts