Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been loaned a BMW F800GS today and it has the low seat option. I now know how they do it. The just remove all the padding and my bum hurts.

Is it really that bad for other low seat users?

Oh and whats all this about then? I keep seeing it out the corner of my eye an think it's about to fall off.

YouTube - Boing Boing

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Oh and whats all this about then? I keep seeing it out the corner of my eye an think it's about to fall off.

it's designed that way to create an opening for the ever inventive after sales market.

build in a few annoying features then someone can sell you something to do it the way it should have been on day one.

but more importantly want do you think of the bike?

I was drooling over one at the weekend and resisted taking it for a test ride.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but more importantly want do you think of the bike?

I was drooling over one at the weekend and resisted taking it for a test ride.
It's a bit different form the GSA that's for sure.

Engine is good if a little buzzy
Suspenders no so good as they seem to be both soft and harsh at the same time
Nice and light for chucking around
Windscreen doesn't work on the motorway
No room under the seat (Just like the GSA then)

Take one out. You may love it but it's not really for me. I bet it's more fun on dry roads though.

Oh and it makes my bum sore.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
They do look the Bee's Knee's, I think I'm gonna have to test ride one if just out of curiosity :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
They do look the Bee's Knee's, I think I'm gonna have to test ride one if just out of curiosity :rolleyes:
Spares are easier to get and BM parts are not as expensive as Honda parts
See Digi,all the important info for you in one place:thumbup::toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See Digi,all the important info for you in one place:thumbup::toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:
And they fall over in the mud without any damage whatsoever.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
And they fall over in the mud without any damage whatsoever.
It may have escaped your notice but this isn't an issue for me any more, but I do understand why this feature is important to you :rolleyes: :D:D:D

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts

:bootyshake::thefinger::jerk:

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Spares easier to get:confused:
Phone D Silvers, arrive the next day. Easy.

BMW parts not as expensive a Honda parts :confused:
BMW final drive = £thousands, Honda final drive £95

Final drive lifespan.
BMW 13,000 miles, Honda 30,000 miles

Sorry Pete, couldn't resist :thumb:

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Not sure about the 800's
got to ask Sharriebee to let me try on hers:toothy2::toothy2:
you've already had a ride Pete but if you want another we are here next weekend.

As for the seat, boris I've got the lowered seat and had absolutely no problems on our trip to Spain last year, in fact when I sat on the standard new seat on this years model last week I really didn't like it

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got the 800 GS home again as the GSA is in for another service and being under warranty I have to pay someone else to do it :protest:(I seem to be using this one a lot more than the Varadero) and I have to say this time the bike is more to my tastes.

Engine wise it's still a peach if a little buzzy (compared to the 1200 and Vara) but at least this time the suspenders are better all round than the last time I rode it. I reckon they have either freed up a bit or the preload on the back had been wound all the way up as this time front and back seemed more matched to each other. I did mention it when I handed it back so maybe they fixed / adjusted something.

Handling wise very nimble but my last 2 bikes have been lard arses so most things would seem that way.

Speaking as a taller gentleman, the screen is still not up to motorway riding and the (low) seat is still like a plank of wood but maybe some of you have more padding in that area than me :hitler:

All in all a fine bike.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have been loaned a BMW F800GS today and it has the low seat option. I now know how they do it. The just remove all the padding and my bum hurts.

Is it really that bad for other low seat users?
As for the seat, boris I've got the lowered seat and had absolutely no problems on our trip to Spain last year, in fact when I sat on the standard new seat on this years model last week I really didn't like it
No offence Boris, but your, erm... larger than Sharrie, might need less padding if your smaller :p

... i speak from experience... :thumbright:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No offence Boris, but your, erm... larger than Sharrie, might need less padding if your smaller :p

... i speak from experience... :thumbright:
You old smoothie. It's easy to tell you're not married yet. Give it a few years. The tact and diplomacy soon disappears
:cheers:

·
Registered
924 Posts
You old smoothie. It's easy to tell you're not married yet. Give it a few years. The tact and diplomacy soon disappears
:cheers:
not yet no, its next month i get married :thumbright:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts