41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
yup guzzi's are cool its official cos I said so:D

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I've just splashed out on one for delivery on March the first, so I guess You'll get to see one in the flesh on the longest day,
feel free to view my "alp 700 for sale post"

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I've just splashed out on one for delivery on March the first, so I guess You'll get to see one in the flesh on the longest day,
feel free to view my "alp 700 for sale post"
Post plenty of pics when it arrives :thumbright:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'ts arrived and it goes like a train, photos as soon as I figure how to get them of my phone.

·
Old Body/ Young Head
236 Posts
Good One Stu - You Lucky Sod !

Im a Guzz Lover too (have 3 in collection at present)

And aint it Great being a bit different !! Nice to hear one less BM GS is born for a change !

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Photo's as promised ( I'm no David Bailey)

·
17,680 Posts
Photo's as promised ( I'm no David Bailey)

i still think it looks like a flounder:D just a weez mate:D

its a look thats really growing on me..nice:cool:

very nice did those panniers come as part of the deal ?

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
Looking good Stuart!

I look forward to seeing it in my driveway at the end of TLD'09 :)

Enjoy!

JB

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
very nice did those panniers come as part of the deal ?[/quote]

I went mad on extras,panniers,engine bars,fog lamps,heated grips,guzzi sat nav mount,hand guards(not yet fitted) security system and swinging arm protector, not actualy thrown in but I got a discount that I'm happy with. I bought it from moto strada in Shippley who I found very good to deal with, I visited the BMW dealer in Shippley first, they were totaly different, I was given a price list of extras and told to go figure it out for myself, so I figured I'd buy the Guzzi instead.

·
17,680 Posts
very nice did those panniers come as part of the deal ?
I went mad on extras,panniers,engine bars,fog lamps,heated grips,guzzi sat nav mount,hand guards(not yet fitted) security system and swinging arm protector, not actualy thrown in but I got a discount that I'm happy with. I bought it from moto strada in Shippley who I found very good to deal with, I visited the BMW dealer in Shippley first, they were totaly different, I was given a price list of extras and told to go figure it out for myself, so I figured I'd buy the Guzzi instead.[/QUOTE]thats the same reason i went to ktm last year, BMW make a great bike but the attitude of some of the dealerships leave a lot to be desired:rolleyes:

i look forward to seeing this bike in the flesh:thumbup:

·
Old Body/ Young Head
236 Posts
I've just splashed out on one for delivery on March the first, feel free to view my "alp 700 for sale post"
Stuart - i guess yr a few weeks in to yr Guzzi ownership now so interested to hear your thoughts ??

I bought Transalp too but prob like you i find it a tad lacking for long runs - after years of 1000cc plus bikes i miss the stonk - boy i really do still regret selling my Quota !!

Some messages back someone mentined they liked "the Gert Big Cyclinders stickin out the sides" - well i can attest to them being useful when being attacked by Rabid dogs !! - on a run to Cornwall one eve circa 1980 on my T3 i was passing thu a town when this Mad Dog just came at me/ bike going bananas - doing about 30 i wasnt goin to stop & when he got close he got bonked on the head with my R/H Cylinder head !!

The critter took off a howling & a welpin & whilst i did feel sorry for it that cylinder head surely saved me being bitten !!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Stuart - i guess yr a few weeks in to yr Guzzi ownership now so interested to hear your thoughts ??

I bought Transalp too but prob like you i find it a tad lacking for long runs - after years of 1000cc plus bikes i miss the stonk - boy i really do still regret selling my Quota !!

I wouldn't want to go back to the transalp, the stelvio is so much happier at higher speeds although I'm still keeping the rev's down so I've only just touched on the power as I'ts mapped to keep the main of the power at the top end, but on the down side I've accepted that I'm not going to throw it (or the transalp) arround off road so now I fancy an enduro as well.

·
Old Body/ Young Head
236 Posts
Loks a good compromise having an off roader for that purpose too Stuart - i did a day on Salisbury plain last year with the GS Owners club & i can tell you a lot of those guys looked to be seriosly Sh####g themelves trying to struggle with the mass offroad !!

My mate dropped his on an area i flew thru on my XT660 with ease - i helped another guy who came off and it took three of us to get his bike out of a small hole & right it !! (then the bugger did the same after 20 yards !!) Hard work that was !!

If yr ever pasing High Wycombe Bucks pop in for coffee & tempt me !!

·
Still no FI
98 Posts

I wouldn't want to go back to the transalp, the stelvio is so much happier at higher speeds although I'm still keeping the rev's down so I've only just touched on the power as I'ts mapped to keep the main of the power at the top end, but on the down side I've accepted that I'm not going to throw it (or the transalp) arround off road so now I fancy an enduro as well.
PM sent.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi All
Fell asleep there for a while

I've jsut tripped over the Stelvio TT pictures on the web.
Anyone know who the Moto Guzzi dealer in Ireland is, might need to visit soon .....ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And I know that some folk on here thought it a bit fugly from the front but I thought it looked very like a
dare I say it
Africa Twin?

Thats what actually attracted me to it in the first place.
Closely followed by loads of power, shaft drive, pipes, looks etc.

Please no hate mail ;-)
Cheers

41 - 58 of 58 Posts