Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
UP THE WORKER COMRADE
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comrades, I really fancy an Africa Twin, who wouldnt. However, I've been beguided by Triumph Tigers, I suspect its a mid life crisis thing.

I have the BMW R80RT for sale and will sell the 600 Transalp soon, I want to remain faithful but the Tiger has me in its power, in fact I'm besotted.

If I start to ride a tiger can I still play with my playmates on this site, or would I be persona non grata. I'm sure other members sometimes get these urges, am I 'on the turn'?

Comments please.

UP THE WORKERS!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I have a zebra.:D

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
Hadn't realised "beastiality" was quite as rife on this site as it appears to be.........:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Go on, Geoff, you know you want to.

They seemed to accept me before I had the Twin.

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
Comrades, I really fancy an Africa Twin, who wouldnt. However, I've been beguided by Triumph Tigers, I suspect its a mid life crisis thing.

I have the BMW R80RT for sale and will sell the 600 Transalp soon, I want to remain faithful but the Tiger has me in its power, in fact I'm besotted.

If I start to ride a tiger can I still play with my playmates on this site, or would I be persona non grata. I'm sure other members sometimes get these urges, am I 'on the turn'?

Comments please.

UP THE WORKERS!
I have a Tiger and absolutely love it! It's up in the for sale section now, not for lack of fun though. I just couldn't pass up the chance to own Wee Jack's KTM, and two bikes is a bit much (for me). I've never experienced any bad spirit from forum members. In fact, I'm pretty sure that DC gets more of a ribbing now he's got the AT then he did when he had the Triumph (although that might be because he keeps falling off :D)

Every time I roll on the throttle it brings a smile to my face! It's a great tourer, does twisties with ease (helped by the fact it doesn't really care what gear it's in, it'll just go) and even does some single track.

Some people even take the bike off-road, but that's always been a bit much for me...

If you're near London, give me a shout and come have a look.

JB

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
If you're near London, give me a shout and come have a look.
Forgive him, Geoff, he isn't from these parts. He didn't mean to insult you.

Buggles - Geoff followed me for a week round France earlier this year. I even let him sit on my Tiger. That was the start of the rot.

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
Forgive him, Geoff, he isn't from these parts. He didn't mean to insult you.

Buggles - Geoff followed me for a week round France earlier this year. I even let him sit on my Tiger. That was the start of the rot.
Having looked up Hartlepool on Google maps (I'm geographically challenged), I see your point Jacques! My humble apologies :D

That said, I have a stunning Tiger waiting for a new owner :D:D:D

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
That said, I have a stunning Tiger waiting for a new owner :D:D:D
And it's well worth travelling all the way from British West Hartlepool to see!

·
UP THE WORKER COMRADE
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Buggles,

Nice bike just what I'm looking for, finance needs to be sorted first. If the BM goes this weekend I'll be in touch.

I especially like to proper TIGER colours.

UP THE WORKERS!

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Could be worse. I've taken a bit of a shine to a 1200 Trophy. Oof!

·
UP THE WORKER COMRADE
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got a Tiger about 5 weeks ago, we have bonded, it is like startiing to ride all over again. Loads of smiles even when I just look at in the garage, which I do every hour.

UP THE WORKERS!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts