Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few months ago comming down a steep narrow road a car hooted comming up, me and my vera stoped, as i put my right foot down my lovelly presentable slippery shoes sliped and my vera fell on me,breaking my leg in 2. I was operated on,now iv got titanium from my knee all the way dow to my ankel.All because i didnt have decent boots on.the up side is vera has crash bares which only got scached . no real damage since we were stoped at the time.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Sorry to here about your fall mate but sounds like your ok now take care
Phil

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
a lesson learned the hard way unfortunately...buut glad you are ok buddy

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Ouch, that's not good. Good reminder about wearing decent boots.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Unfortunately, I've been there myself. Still green on the Vara, came to a stop on a slippery slope and lost my footing. Vara came down and landed on my right leg. No injuries though, I was lucky. No damage to Vara because of GIVI crash bars. Taught me a couple of lessons, that did.

Safe trails everyone.

Brian

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
well it`s good to know that im not the only one
no matter how stupid a thing we do is, there is bound to be someone else who's done exactly the same thing....rest assured paulo:thumbup:

I sat on my R65 many years ago having a fag and pretending to have that James Dean look in my eyes....leaned too far back and fell off bike and all...! Some by standers had to lift the bike up from my foot:)

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
At least you had a bit of an excuse, I forgot to put my sidestand down which ended up with the bike on top of me :rolleyes:
I remember when Ducati brought out their first batches of 916s and 748s and lots of people doing a similar thing not realising the stands are self retracting for safety reasons so as soon as the weight was off, the stand retracted and they fell off their bikes :(

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I broke my leg 3 years ago trail riding, I had a decent pair of boots on and was doing no more than 5mph on a CRF250, I lost the front on a wet tree root, lost my balance, put my left left foot down, and trapped it between a rock and my swingarm, and fell over breaking my tib and fib about 3 inches above my ankle.

We were in the Yorks Dales, my mates called 999, the quick response medics arrived and then they called the Yorks Air Ambulance.

I was in plaster 24 weeks, but now its as good as new, apart from cold, damp mornings when it aches a bit.

Rich

·
Bus Driver
245 Posts
I got one of them titanium rods from the knee up, as a result of hitting a bridge at 70mph in a Citroen ZX, 23rd Dec 02 in surgery on Christmas eve, a real life changing moment.

·
Bus Driver
245 Posts
ah, should have said it was an accident, aquaplaned on a puddle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts