Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a Fricken Picture

And the answer to the question on the sign?

Don't be fricken stoopid, course I haven't :teeth::teeth::teeth:

More to follow along with a tedious report on how well the V rides :blah5:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Here's a Fricken Picture

And the answer to the question on the sign?

Don't be fricken stoopid, course I haven't :teeth::teeth::teeth:

More to follow along with a tedious report on how well the V rides :blah5:
i like them pity they dont make them bigger for real sized people:-D:-D:-D:-D

nice bike mate now you got to get one of those ace end cans like wot mcvicars got:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chad

McVicar took the twin Ixils off and went back to the standard setup, he did explain why, but it didn't make much sense to me :confused:, problem is they're about £350 including all the fitting kit and Lambda sensor housing, good news is they do a single can version for £200, which gets rid of that ugly great lump of catalytic nonesense :thumbup:

·
17,680 Posts
Chad

McVicar took the twin Ixils off and went back to the standard setup, he did explain why, but it didn't make much sense to me :confused:, problem is they're about £350 including all the fitting kit and Lambda sensor housing, good news is they do a single can version for £200, which gets rid of that ugly great lump of catalytic nonesense :thumbup:
im worried about him is he turning into a big girl:(:(:(those ixils rocked:cool::cool::cool:

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I know, he could at least have saved them for me :D

Laser do something very similar, but polished bullet shaped twin cans, kicked out like the Ixils, also the DB's but even more expensive.

Anyway, wot you doin at home you skiver, you should be stood in a muddy trench somewhere surely :confused:

·
17,680 Posts
Anyway, wot you doin at home you skiver, you should be stood in a muddy trench somewhere surely :confused:
worrying about a very serious lack of work just as im about to spend 16 days in florida:(:(:(

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
worrying about a very serious lack of work just as im about to spend 16 days in florida:(:(:(
Nah don't worry dude something will turn up, there must be work for someone as good as you at 'ammer swingin' besides if you go and get busy now, you'll only worry about how you're gonna cope with all that work when you get back.

Go chill dude, you deserve it, as the good book says "Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow has worries enough of it's own"

Chin up and all that, buy the kids a nice big Florida ice cream and send me the bill :thumbup:

·
17,680 Posts
Nah don't worry dude something will turn up, there must be work for someone as good as you at 'ammer swingin' besides if you go and get busy now, you'll only worry about how you're gonna cope with all that work when you get back.

Go chill dude, you deserve it, as the good book says "Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow has worries enough of it's own"

Chin up and all that, buy the kids a nice big Florida ice cream and send me the bill :thumbup:
:sign5:you know what this site should have its own sig:toothy4:

:toothy4:dont worry be happy:toothy4:

thanks dilbert funny really the wifes given me a slap round the earhole for moping around sent me out on the flying satsuma and ive got a stoopid grin on my mush:D

thanks for the chin up:thumbup:

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There, there, Uncle Dilbert make it all better

Tell Stevie to give you another slap from me if you start moping again :D

G

·
Chad

Dilbert I'll explain again (for the third time) and this time I'll make it really simple for you.

Baffles Out: Too Loud for everyday use.

Baffles In : You might as well stay with the stock can.

Hope this helps.

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dilbert I'll explain again (for the third time) and this time I'll make it really simple for you.

Hope this helps.
Thanks again McV, but they still look much better than the standard and I still hate that great big lump of road tar trap they call a cat.

It had been a long day again yesterday, mondays often are :(

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts

Hope this helps.
There is no such thing as zorsts that are TOO LOUD !!!

Who said that ? pardon ??

Speak-up man , EH ???

What ?? come again !!

Stop mumbling will ya !!

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any chance of a report (highs/lows of ownership) from you Versys owners, they look a canny bike.

Phil
Yes, absolutely,.........................eventually, when I get round to it :thumb:

McVicar's idea of a report usually goes along the lines of "It's a really good bike, I've done over 7,000 miles on mine and nothing's gone wrong"

I think maybe you wanted a bit more detail :D

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Who said that ? pardon ??

Speak-up man , EH ???

What ?? come again !!

Stop mumbling will ya !!
Wee mon, McV works shifts and doesn't want to upset the neighbours, I just have neighbours who work shifts :D

I don't want loud zorsts though as that attracts too much attention from Cheshire Police, not quite as bad as North Wales Police, but they're working on it :mad:

My main reason to change is because the Versys has an underslung catalytic convertor the size of a car silencer box, this gets crap and road tar trapped between it and the engine and stinks the garage out, it also weighs nearly 7kg, even the twin cans only weigh half of this :eek: and leave everything a bit more open and less of a crap trap.

The V's engine is extremely smooth for a parallel twin mainly thanks to the efi, but the exhaust note can be a bit "sewing machine" at times and doesn't do a very good job of frightening pedestrians, so something with a lower more grumbly note fits the bill much better :thumbup: (and yes Chad I do have a lower more grumbly note myself :rolleyes:)

Besides, us oldies need something with a deeper note, the high pitch notes are the first to go, I don't have an iPod, etc on the bike and I never bother with ear plugs, so I need something nice to listen to while my hearing deteriorates further ;)

·
17,680 Posts

Hope this helps.
tis a shame steve because that was one sweet sounding bike:toothy2::toothy2: on some systems now you can get different levels of baffling to suit personal reqiurments or now how about a quick release baffle system.. now theres an idea:thumbup:

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
Oh I dunno... :)

Rolled up beside a V-max with vewwy vewwy thin Kerker pipes once, just idling at the lights, and all I could do was look down at the NX and wonder whether or not the bloody thing was still running... (Wintertime, the rather inaccurately named tickover was set at 1800 or so.) Hadn't a clue, couldn't feel it let alone hear it, and that 650 thumper is not a subtle engine by any means. (To wit: I have once tried to start a mate's R6 when it was already running. Silly fourpot sewing machines.)

Anyway, and then the lights changed and Mr V-max roared off. Me ears are still ringing even today, it's been only 5 years now.

That, I would say, is a bit on the impractical side zorst-wise.

·
17,680 Posts
Oh I dunno... :)

Rolled up beside a V-max with vewwy vewwy thin Kerker pipes once, just idling at the lights, and all I could do was look down at the NX and wonder whether or not the bloody thing was still running... (Wintertime, the rather inaccurately named tickover was set at 1800 or so.) Hadn't a clue, couldn't feel it let alone hear it, and that 650 thumper is not a subtle engine by any means. (To wit: I have once tried to start a mate's R6 when it was already running. Silly fourpot sewing machines.)

Anyway, and then the lights changed and Mr V-max roared off. Me ears are still ringing even today, it's been only 5 years now.

That, I would say, is a bit on the impractical side zorst-wise.
:D:D:Devery ****er for ten miles knew he was coming through though:thumbup:

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
Mind you that was right smack in the middle of Amsterdam... Never seen him again but I could "sense" he was around pretty often, so how he managed to not get nicked is anyone's guess.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts