Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was in Zambia (Livingston) 2 weeks ago, I met this Sweden couple, she was riding a Dominator and he a BMW 650 Funduro (GS). Apparently, they had to go to Cape town to get the BMW 650 GS fixed but the Dominator was perfect. They started with new chain and stuff from Sweden and everything lasted after more than 24000KM's (up to Cape Town, I think).
They also told me that other people were traveling from Europe with TransAlps down to Cape Town. In my opinion, Honda rules. Everyone of my friends, I mean everyone got BMW's. BM got perfect marketing, but not so much everything else (Maverich, do not submit what I say to www.wilddotours.co.za). Please.

Here are the pics.

I done the trip with my Caponord and not the trusting TransAlp. The Capo did just fine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You should have seen this girl on the Dominator. Phew, she was controling that machine between her legs like a real man. Ye, I was away from home for 2 weeks and the sight of her with the Honda got me real ... happy. :lol:

Some woman ... :twisted:

S

·
0 Posts
Dommies are quite often overlooked, and to be honest, I like that. It means I get the better bike, but I don't look like I'm following the herd :D I've pitched my Dommie against most other big trailies and she more than held her own :D The only thing that out ran her was an Armstrong 500, but that was piloted by an absolute madman, who was scary just to watch let alone follow. In other words 'twas the riders nerve that failed, not the bike :oops:
He who brakes and hides away,
Lives to corner another day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts